Sixty-one

"Angel, please tell daddies why you're so scared, it hurts us to see you cry so hard like this"

Niall spoke gently, before frowning with concern at his little girl.

He carefully sat down on their couch with her in his lap, as Nova continued to cry in his chest, basically covering her face.

The rest of the guys also sat around them too while having sad expressions from seeing Nova so unhappy.

"N-no" Nova whimpered into Niall's sweatshirt, now feeling so embarrassed for crying.

But she couldn't help it.

"Baby, you have to tell us why you're so upset. We need to know why you're scared so daddies can you help you, darling"

Zayn tried, rubbing her back for a second as he was sat right next to the two.

The thing was the men already figured the reason out why she was so scared in their heads.

It really didn't take them that long, knowing it probably couldn't be anything else than what they thought.

However, their point was still have Nova explain and tell them so she could get her feelings off her chest and feel like she could trust them.

They wanted Nova to use her words and not them doing all the talking.

"You'll feel better, sweetheart. Just tell us how you feel"

Harry suggested, offering a small smile even though she was still faced towards Niall's chest.

After some time of silence, Niall made the decision to move Nova more in his lap, so she could now see the guys's faces.

Fortunately, Nova's quiet crying, slowly did stop as she was trying to wipe the last bit of tears off her cheeks.

She covered her eyes for a second before taking her hands off her face, sighing.

"I've j-just been scared lately... a-and stressed"

Nova muttered, finally using her words even though there was some stutters. She wiped her eyes again before glancing at her caretakers.

"Can you tell us why, Novie?" Liam asked, speaking up.

Nova then slowly nodded, looking up at Liam with a frown

"Well.. I'm still scared of Pete a-and the whole situation. I don't want him to take me again. I guess I-I'm still very anxious,"

"I thought after this a-amount of time, I would be fine and forget about it but I'm not. I t-think about it every night, and I g-get so stressed"

Nova confessed leaning closer to Niall as she felt so nervous and vulnerable.

"Oh baby, I'm so, so sorry. We really should of known that this could leave you traumatized for longer that we expected. I didn't know you were still so anxious, sweetheart. We don't want you to feel like that"