Thirty-five

(Pete)

(Pete)

"Rude? What did you see?" Ben asked, trying not believe what they were saying. He didn't want to be gullible.

They probably just interpreted something wrong.

"Well everything happened really quick, but when Marcus and I were leaving the show in Indiana a couple of weeks ago, we saw Liam and Nova having an argument" Pete started.

"They both seemed pretty upset and she was nearly crying" Pete explained.

"Are you sure it was an argument though? They still have to "parent" and "discipline" her, maybe she was just upset over that" Ben suggested, playing with his fingers.

"I mean we thought that too, but the way he was trying to pull her into the tour bus was rough. And the way she was crying for them to let her go says other wise" Marcus jumped in.

"Nova wasn't even speaking that baby language shit. She was speaking her age, saying stuff like,

"please just let me go home, Liam" and "I'm tired of this, I don't want to act like a baby anymore" Marcus continued.

"I was even shocked to hear those words come out of her"

Ben only felt confused, not really knowing how to respond. It was hard for him to accept what he was hearing.

"Are you sure it was like that—"

"Ben we're honestly telling you what we saw. You're acting like you don't believe us"  Pete interrupted.

It was lies, lies, lies, and more lies.

At first, they didn't want to lie immediately but figured this would be the only way for Ben to listen to them.

"I know, I hear what you're saying. It's just hard to believe that Nova would—"

"Please don't tell me you thought Nova would enjoy this forever, Ben? Satisfaction from this is only temporary" Pete asked, surprised.

"Now maybe at one point, she did accept this lifestyle from them. I mean she's getting the best attention from her favorite band, maybe even more than she got at home. It probably is enjoyable for her at times,"

"But they've had her for almost 6 to 7 months now, she's going to get tired of living like this at some point"

Pete explained, sighing.