Thirty-four

(Ben)

(Ben)

"Thanks, man" Ben said to his Uber driver, as he stepped out of the car.

"Yeah, no problem. Have a nice day" The guy waved, looking back at Ben.

"You too" Ben smiled.

He then shut the car door, before walking towards the entrance of the Italian restaurant.

"Table for 1?" The hostess asked, smiling.

"Uh.. no. I'm actually just joining someone" Ben answered, looking around the casual but busy restaurant.

Most of the tables were filled with people all over, it was hard to pinpoint where they were.

Fortunately though, he then got a text from Marcus.

"to your right, we're in the corner"

He immediately looked to his right after seeing the text. Ben found them quickly, and saw Marcus and Pete waving for him.

"Oh I found them, thank you" Ben said to her.

She only nodded back, while Ben made his way over to them.

"The jet leg is so horrible at times, I've learned to get used to it though" Ben admitted, taking a sip of his water.

"It is, sometimes I just take NyQuil, and knock out" Pete joked, sitting back in his chair,

"I guess that's what we signed up for though" Pete continued, shrugging.

"Yeah, but it's such a fun experience. If I never got this job, I wouldn't even been able to travel. Especially with my student loans"

Ben sighed, he would never give up this opportunity, it's too fun.

"You're right, plus at least it's not just a 9 to 5 job. I hate those" Marcus laughed, before taking a bite of his pasta.

Ben and Pete agreed, laughing as well.

Ben felt that the lunch was going really well. They were all getting to know each other more, and that was good.

Marcus even apologized for being inconsistent with a Ben, and said how he avoided him just because he didn't know him well.

Which Ben could understand to a degree.

However, that was actually a lie from Marcus.

"So Ben, how does it feel to have a job so different to every one else around you?"

Pete asked, giving a quick glance to Marcus before turning his attention back on Ben.

"I would say it's okay, babysitting Nova is the perfectly fine part, but yeah not having someone who does the same thing as me is a little different" Ben answered, honestly.