Sixteen

Nova took a deep breath, before continuing to slide her slices of banana around the plastic tray connected to her high chair

She shifted in her padded seat, staring at Harry and Liam uncomfortably before using her pointer finger to poke the fruit again.

It was only the three of them in the kitchen, while the rest got ready for the long day ahead of them. Rehearsals started today for the tour to start back up again.

"Here my love, let's eat and not play with our nana's" Harry corrected, bringing his chair closer to Nova. He then picked up a piece and brought it up to her lips.

Nova only surprised him though by turning her head away from the food.

Harry tried once again but Nova reacted the same way, declining.

"What's wrong hun"? Harry frowned.

"Not hungry" Nova mumbled, shaking her head.

Liam looked up from his spot at the counter while he was filling her Burberry diaperbag with baby snacks for their day out.

"What? You are usually at this time, sweetheart" Liam stated, glancing at his Apple Watch.

"Want something different? I can give you oatmeal baby" Liam offered, with sincerity.

"No" the teenager responded, slumping back.

Harry did the most "parent thing" he could do by gently pressing his hand on her forehead, feeling her temperature.

Nova leaned her face into Harry's hands, enjoying the heat on her face.

"You're not feeling warm hun, are you still doing okay though"? Harry asked, concerned.

Nova clenched her fingers once again as another round of pain surfaced her lower abdomen. She tried to hide her expression by giving Harry a nod.

The feeling was getting worse.

Another cramp went by and another and another.

If her period wasn't here or already on it's way she would be appalled. She knows the way her body works, and what different pains mean.

"Yes, daddy" she answered, putting on a shy smile.

She didn't know how her headspace would be today if her uterus didn't feel like it was stabbing her.