Fifty-two

"Would you stop crying Nova, you never realize how loud you actually are"

Pete groaned, rubbing his neck out of frustration.

Nova's cries continued with more distress and pain as she was just knocked into the headboard and he didn't even understand.

Her sobs were mixed of physical pain but also emotional because of feeling trapped by this man.

Now Pete did realize the push was a little harder than he meant to, however, he knew Nova was grown enough to handle it.

"H-head h-hurts" The teenager whimpered, as her eyes were very full of tears making his figure blurry.

"I know. You've said that about a hundred times, and I don't care anymore. Now stay fucking quiet"

Pete argued back, feeling his emotions being taken over by irritation.

His words started to represent his temper by the second.

Pete knew these cheap, motel walls were thin, and already assumed people could hear her.

"W-wanna go"

Nova whimpered, rocking in place trying to settle down her sobs, although it was very hard.

"You're not going home, Nova. In fact, I can barely do this with you. You're about to be left in this state if you keep acting up, do you hear me?"

Pete threatened, coming over to Nova. He then poked her on the chest to make sure she understand.

"No, don't w-wanna be left" Nova cried, feeling her heart drop in panic.

"Stop crying" Pete raised his voice once again.

He then grabbed one of her arms, gripping it tightly.

Nova tried to snatch it back but Pete was not letting go. His fingers were literally digging her skin.

"S-stop, hurts" Nova mumbled, trying to pull away.

"I bet everything hurts for you doesn't it? That's your excuse to get out of everything. I don't know what I was thinking taking you. You're just a whiny little bitc-"

Pete stopped his words as he got interrupted with Nova, both of them heard multiple, loud knocks on the door.

Nova only looked at Pete but he was also looking at her with pure panic in his eyes.

Pete immediately stepped back from the teenager, before putting a finger up to his lips to signal her to be quiet.

Nova only glanced back at him with complete fear in her eyes, before pulling her knees to her chest, hiding.

Pete was actually concerned because it was almost 9:30 at night, why would anyone be at their room?

More louder knocks hit the door before a loud voice boomed on the other side,