Seventeen

"So how was this week for you"? Pete asked, making sure his voice was clear over the phone

"Good, nothing crazy" Ben responded.

"And by that, I'm guessing work was fine too"

"Actually easy, I watched Nova like two days ago. But by the way, have you realized how much equipment the band crew has to pack. I know it's not my job but I stopped by to help them-"

"You said you watched Nova? How was that" Pete asked, finally getting interested in their conversation.

"Uh.. it was fine, I just went to the studio with them to play with her, that's all"

"Why did you hesitate at the beginning"? Pete chuckled.

"I-I didn't, everything was fine" Ben hurried.

"Ben if there's something you need to say, say it. You can tell me, now what happened"? Pete repeated, getting concerned over the teenage girl.

"There was just a small incident, that I wasn't prepared for but she's good now" Ben answered, adding a nervous chuckle at the end.

"Like what"?

"Well.. Nova got her period and there was a bit of a mess but I immediately got one of the boys and they helped her"

"And you think these boys are knowledgeable about per- you know what never mind. Why didn't you just start off with this when I called"? Pete sighed, irritated.

"Well it's their business, and it's not exactly a conversation starter. Why is it such a big deal"? Ben asked, getting worried for his job.

"I deserve to kn- you know what, I gotta go Ben. I'll talk to you later, alright"?

"Yeah sure, bye"

"Ow" Nova whimpered, slowly gripping Liam's fingers.

She tightly grabbed his hand, stopping his process of rubbing her stomach.

"I know your tummy hurts bug, Daddy's trying to get it better" Liam whispered in her ear, as both of their heads shared his pillow.

"Can I continue, love"? Liam asked, trying to get back to soothing her stomach with his warm hand.

"Y-yes" Nova whined.