Twenty-three

Niall slowly creaked the white-wooden door, that led into Nova's makeshift nursery in the unfamiliar home

He knew that door would squeak at times so he was carful stepping in.

Niall walked into the dark room while also hearing her lullaby playlist play throughout the room.

Niall smiled, as his eyes saw the his girl curled up in her crib, as soft breathes came out of her mouth.

"Baby" Niall murmured to himself, cooing at her sleeping form.

Nova was quietly sucking on her pink pacifier while gripping onto the lamby plushie that was given to her from Liam.

Niall went to quickly open her black-out curtains to let some light in the room, before bending down over her crib.

"Princess, it's time to wake up" Niall cooed, caressing her cheek.

He gently rubbed Nova shoulder continuously, causing her to open her eyes.

"Your nap is over now baby, it's time to wake up" Niall whispered, pulling the blankets off of her.

Nova slowly nodded, before rubbing her eyes. She still kept the paci in her mouth, making Niall grin.

"Can I have your paci, love"?

The twenty-five year old asked while sitting Nova up and picking her up from the crib.

Nova let go of her lamby but still kept her special item in her mouth.

"Keep" Nova muffled, laying her head on Niall's shoulder.

"I would let you hun but you're going to get a baba's soon, we can't have your paci in your mouth at the same time. okay"? Niall answered, gently setting her on the changing table.

He pulled down her soft pants, seeing her familiar princess diaper. He untapped the sides continuing the process.

Nova then handed her pacifier to him causing Niall to beam.

"Thank you sweetheart, we'll get you your milk" Niall assured.

He then gave Nova one of her diaper change toys from table to keep her distracted.

Niall sat on one of the recliners, with a now awake Nova in his arms, sucking on her baba's.

The tv was on in the back with his favorite channel, but his eyes still kept on her. Making sure her bottle was tilted perfectly.

"Hey g-guys" Zayn greeted, walking into their living room, grinning at the two.

He had to clear his throat in between since he felt unwell. His voice was very raspy but that didn't stop him from talking.

Zayn had a mug of hot tea in his hand for himself, while setting it on the coffee table, and sitting down on the couch.

He coughed a few more times before leaning on the multiple decorative pillows.