Fifty-seven

Zayn hummed quietly to himself but also to Nova, as he continued to peer down at the girl in his bed

It was only some time after 1 in the afternoon and Zayn was still enjoying just laying around in bed while Nova was sleeping.

They had such an early morning with having to get up around 6 am and taking a flight to Zayn's apartment in NYC,

He knew she deserved more sleep with all the traveling they've been doing lately.

After 20 or so minutes of Zayn just snuggling Nova, he started to feel her slowly move around in bed.

He looked to see her face scrunch up before her eyes finally opened.

Nova tiredly, stretched her arms under the covers and looked around the room for a second before her eyes met Zayn's.

"Good morning... or actually afternoon, baby" Zayn cooed, leaning to kiss her forehead.

"You're finally up" he chuckled, watching Nova give a small smile back to him.

"Yeah" Nova mumbled, before finding her pink blanket in the sheets and covering her face over it.

She actually did have a good sleep and wasn't that tired anymore, however, she still wanted to continue being lazy and maybe fall asleep again.

"You can't fall asleep again, darling. It's time to wake up" Zayn grinned, picking the blanket off of her face.

Nova only responded by going closer to Zayn in the bed, and hiding her face in his chest.

Zayn chuckled, bringing her even closer, rubbing patterns on her back as she wanted affection from him.

"Remember, I promised today would be fun, sweetheart. Daddy planned something" Zayn brought up.

Nova soon glanced up at Zayn with curiosity, now starting to wake up more, and wonder what they were going to do.

"Let's change your diaper, babe" Zayn announced, laying one of her mats on his carpet.

After Nova was laid against the material, Zayn began to help the younger girl take off her purple pajamas.

Then, began to peel off the tabs of the used diaper she wore over the night. Zayn looked up for quick second to notice Nova just staring around, looking a little anxious.

"You want hold one of your stuffed animals, Novie? Daddy can get you one" Zayn brought up, stopping the changing.

He had a sweet smile on his face to show that he cared if she was uncomfortable or not.

"Yes, please"
Nova nodded.

"Okay, daddy will find it" Zayn spoke, standing up from his spot.