Fifty-eight

"Hey guys, you're back!"

Louis greeted with a beaming expression on his face.

He already opened the front door to be finally met with Zayn and Nova after a couple of days of not seeing the two.

Harry, Niall, and Liam were also behind with smiles on their faces as they saw their little girl and band mate.

"Yep, finally back, was only for a couple days, but you know"

Zayn chuckled, having Nova walk in front of him first into the house.

He immediately dropped their bags on the ground from holding on to them for a while.

"Still, that's enough for us," Louis smiles.

"Hi baby, dada missed you" He continued with a grin, now bending a bit so Nova and him could be at eye level.

Nova then finally glanced at Louis, adding a small and forced smile.

"Hello" She greeted back quietly, before also peering at the rest of her care takers behind Louis.

She didn't sound very happy greeting them which was a little surprising knowing she normally would be.

Now if it wasn't for the men getting to know Nova's characteristics and habits for whatever her emotions were, they would be confused.

However, right now Louis and rest of them could tell easily that her smile didn't reach her eyes as it usually would.

"How was it babe? You have fun with daddy z"

Harry added in, stepping close to the younger girl.

Nova nodded, "it was good, I liked being in New York so that was fun, it was nice," she answered back honestly.

All of the guys, well except for Zayn, widened their eyes a bit, definitely not expecting her to talk so maturely.

That sentence would be rare if she was in a deep headspace or just one at all, Nova's not that wordy on a normal basis.

Another thing was that Zayn didn't look very much surprised so there was probably something he knew that the rest of the guys didn't.

"... Well that's great, love" Harry responded, peering down at her before glancing at Zayn.

"Yep..." Nova mumbled, trying to look in different places except their eyes.

She started to look more uncomfortable by the small talk so Harry decided to just shut it.

It was silent for only a second or two before Zayn spoke up again.

"Here, why don't we start settling in, these suitcases need to be unpacked" Zayn said, changing the subject.