Thirty-six

Zayn sighed, twisting and turning for the hundredth time in bed

He groaned, rolling in bed, trying to find a comfortable position, because for hours he couldn't.

It was one of those nights where all Zayn could do is just lay in bed and stare at the ceiling.

For some reason his anxiety was keeping him up and he didn't even know why?

If anything, his stress and anxiety levels have decreased since the past months. Mostly because his baby and just finally figuring out everything his life.

Zayn rubbed his eyes, sitting up and grabbing his phone to check the time.

His eyes squinted at the brightness of his lock screen

2:27am

Had this been before having Nova, Zayn would of got a cigarette without even thinking twice.

However, that habit was immediately cut out for Zayn and even Louis too.

They both decided they wouldn't want to smoke anyway with having her but especially because of her asthma.

If it was triggered over their addiction, they would feel horrible.

Without thinking, Zayn pulled the white comforter off his body before getting out of the hotel bed.

He just had to get the one thing, that would help his inconsistent anxiety.

Nova groaned in her sleep, feeling someone rub her cheek softly.

Being unconscious, she couldn't tell if the feeling was in her dreams or not, but she still tried to move the hand away.

When the caressing still continued on Nova's face, the girl started to whimper.

"Shh" Zayn mumbled, bending over her crib and kissing her cheek.

"You're okay"

All he was trying to do was get her to his bed without waking her fully up. She was the only thing that could ease his mind.