Twenty-one

"Um Harry? You there"? Ben asked into the phone after the ringing stopped

"Yeah I'm here, what's up? We should be done with soundcheck in ten minutes by the way" Harry replied

"Okay well it may have to end earlier. Nova tripped and cut her leg. She's doing fine right-"

"Wait hold up, did you just say she cut herself"? Harry asked trying to clarify what he heard. Sternness was definitely prominent in his voice.

"Yes, we were running and she scratched herself, but for the most part Nova is okay, she just really needs at least two of you right now, she got pretty scared" Ben explained, making sure his anxiousness didn't show.

Harry sighed through the phone. Ben then started to hear some murmuring of different voices in the background.

"Poor baby, okay Zayn and I will be down there quickly but are you sure she is fine? Is there a lot of bleeding? Does she need stiches"? Harry asked, with nervousness.

"No no, definitely not stitches, it's just a cut that needs cleaning and a bandage wrapped around it, it's not that bad" Ben answered, looking over at Nova who had one of her fingers in her mouth.

"Okay that's reassuring, we'll be right there Ben, tell her that daddy is coming alright"? Harry said, wanting Nova to know that he was coming.

"Yeah of course I will, bye"

"Bye"

"Ow, no" Nova whimpered, trying to pull her leg out of Ben's grasp. She didn't want anybody touching the tender area.

"Hold still sweetheart, I have to clean it" Ben spoke, giving her a sympathetic smile. He continued to use the sterilized wipe against her cut.

The teenager sat on one of the dressing room counters with her legs dangling, Ben was in front helping her, while Marcus was holding Nova's fingers.

"No no, hurts" Nova whined, feeling tears well up in her eyes again as they just became dry.

"Nova it won't take long hun, just let Ben do it, remember your daddies are coming" Marcus said, trying to make her feel better.

"Yep, see now all I have to put on is some neosporin" Ben assured, taking the medicine out of the plastic, first aid kit.

Nova slowly nodded, fidgeting with her fuzzy jacket while a tear went down her cheek.

Nova didn't even remember the last time she scratched up her knee like this, probably since she was nine.

Zayn sighed with relief, jogging into the dressing room, surprising the two men and Nova. Harry was right behind him with a bodyguard, both of them had faces of concern.