Fifty

"Didn't I tell you to be quiet, god"

Pete interrogated, going over to the girl after he ended the phone call with Liam.

He knew she wouldn't listen and would have to blurt out something, even if it was quiet.

"S-sorry" Nova whimpered, pulling her knees up to her chest as Pete stood next to the bed.

Nova didn't mean to say anything, it was purely out of instinct as she missed the men and couldn't help the one word slip past her lips.

Nova was starting to get really scared from Pete's temper rising once again.

It was frightening to her though because he didn't know when enough was enough with his actions.

"You're not sorry though, you knew what you were doing. Do not get me in trouble, Nova. I'm the one who's in control"

Pete affirmed, being almost face to face with the teenager.

Nova only shook her head at his words, finding them completely invalid.

Out of frustration, Pete pushed back Nova shoulders harshly, almost knocking the wind out her.

Her head immediately slammed back onto the wood headboard of the bed, making her cry out.

She was immediately met with dizziness and a sharp pain in the back of her head.

Nova groaned loudly before starting to cry from the impact. It hurt badly from not expecting it.

"Ow" Nova cried, holding the back of her head while tears welled up in her eyes.

Pete only stared back at Nova with widened eyes as he noticed her pained expressions. He did mean to push her but not as hard as he did.

Pete started to feel a little bad but quickly stopped that feeling as he just turned around not wanting to see her tears.

Nova's sobs continued while her distress levels were rising.

"So I'm guessing the call went fine with Pete" Niall assumed, glancing at Liam as he sat across from him on another couch.

"Yeah. It wasn't much but it seemed like Pete was really there at home with his mom, he even gave me more details about the surgery than I needed"

Liam answered, shrugging..

The men were now in the living room part of their room. They had the tv on but it was on low as they weren't really listening.

They were mostly talking to each other or just staring at tv without knowing what's going on.

The group was incredibly disinterested in everything, as days felt so different and long without their baby.

All of them are really realizing how much of a difference Nova made in their lives and how they miss being parents to her

"Okay, well at least the possibility of him taking Nova is probably out of the question. We just have to continue on with other ideas now"

Niall responded, as the others guys agreed with him.

"I really thought we were getting close though" Zayn admitted, disappointingly. He then played with the decorative pillow, messing with it.

"I know I did too, but we're still looking and it's going to be a process" Louis added.

They all looked around the room, thinking about the different aspects of not having Nova right now.

"Sometimes just looking at her bags filled with the blankets, toys and bottles just makes me feel even more worse" Harry spoke, turning to his band mates.

"Yeah, that makes me miss her even more too, also my phone background is her, so I'm constantly about thinking and seeing Nova"

Zayn said, before showing his lock screen to the guys.

Niall nodded, glancing at Zayn's phone before also thinking about Nova's things.

"Wait.." Niall mumbled very quietly to himself.

All of a sudden, Niall quickly sat up on the couch, widening his eyes as he just realized something that was seriously important.

"What?" Louis questioned, focusing on Niall with concern.

His fast movement shocked Louis as they were sitting right next to each other.

"Oh my god" Niall gasped, standing up from the seating, and putting his hands on his hips.

"I just realized that I put a tracker in Nova's iPad months ago in case it got lost on tour. The tablet is definitely with her now because it was in the pink bag. I think I can find her location with it"

Niall explained with confidence.

He then watched his band mates immediately get interested and excited into what he was remembering.