Fifty-four

Liam turned a couple of times in his bed as he kept hearing something

With him being asleep, he couldn't tell if the noise was either just in his dreams or not.

However, after more seconds of it continuing, Liam finally woke up, feeling groggy and disorientated.

He immediately turned to his side and noticed that the noise was coming from the baby monitor on his nightstand.

And most importantly, it was his little girl crying, badly.

Liam wanted to slap himself for not waking up sooner and was now wondering how she was crying.

Especially since it was his night for daddy-duty with the baby monitor.

Liam then quickly got out of bed, slipping on sweatpants he found on floor, before jogging out of his room to Nova's.

Liam switched on Nova's nursery lights, immediately seeing his baby girl so distressed in her crib.

Nova was not just crying, but sobbing. Tears ran down her face fast, as she had very upset expression.

"Oh no princess, what's going on, love?"

Liam cooed sadly, walking over to her crib, and pushing the front bars down.

He then grabbed her face in his big hands, softly, wanting to know immediately why she was crying.

Nova didn't answer as she just continued to cry, while sniffling and rubbing her eyes.

"Baby" Liam sighed, pulling her hands away from her eyes so they don't get irritated.

Nova whined as Liam did that, shedding more tears.

At this point, Liam now realized why she was so upset, especially because of recent patterns lately.

"Did you have a bad dream, Nova?" Liam asked, sweetly. He then started to pick her up from her bed.

Nova glanced at Liam, before slowly nodding. She then put her face in his neck, just wanting to hide.

Liam sighed, kissing her head a couple of times, before rubbing her back in his arms.

He whispered comforting things in her ear while feeling more of her tears going on his neck.

"Don't worry baby, you can come sleep with daddy, okay? No more bad dreams when you're with me"

Liam assured, snuggling her tighter to him. He then bent down to pick up the nearest blanket in her crib.

"Let's go, munchkin" Liam cooed, successfully switching off her light with his arms full, while leaving her room.

When they got to his room, Liam went over to one side of the bed, pulling back the covers and setting Nova in with her blanket.

"N-no" Nova sniffled, seeing Liam walk away.