Twenty-six

Nova took a deep breathe, feeling her heartbeat wanting to explode

Nova took a deep breathe, feeling her heartbeat wanting to explode. She didn't know why it felt so hard for her to express her feelings.

Nova always felt like she could tell the men anything.

"L-look at me" Nova mumbled.

"Huh? What do you mean? they look at you sweetheart"?

"D-differently" Nova breathed out, feeling insecure.

"Differently? Baby what are you trying say"? Louis asked, genuinely concerned.

Nova only shrugged, wanting stuff her face into her pillow. Now she feels as if she said too much, and just wants to drop the topic.

And who knows, maybe it's just her imagination that's causing her to think the two men are suspicious.

"Don't know" Nova whined, pulling the comforter over her face.

Louis sighed, trying to pull the soft material from her hands so he could see her, but the grip she had wasn't budging.

"Love, I need to see your face" Louis spoke, using a serious tone.

"No, sleep dada. No talk"

"Nova please, talk to me, talk to Dada" Louis tried, feeling anxious.

The seventeen year old only shook her head, wanting to forget about it.

"You need to pull the blankets off your face, Nova. I'm serious"

Nova sighed, dropping the covers. However, she then grabbed her lamby, covering her face again.

"Nova Elise" Louis reprimanded once more.

Nova felt a flutter of nervousness in her stomach as Louis used her middle name.

Nova didn't want to get in trouble, she just wanted to forget everything.

Nova used to her hand to feel around for her 'special item' in the bed. She pouted realizing it wasn't near her.

"Dada-"

"Nova I'm not giving you your paci until you continue tell Dada what is going on, you're worrying me"

Nova only sighed, causing Louis to feel guilty. He then caressed her face, holding her closer in the bed.

"Please, need it dada" Nova whined, feeling her lips quiver at his past words.

She had to blink back her tears as she felt desperate to have her pacifier.

Louis was now already worried for a meltdown to appear at any second from his baby, he just knew he had to stop it before it could start.

"Don't cry hun, let's just take a few breathes" Louis helped, softly pulling the stuffie from her face.