Twenty-seven

Nova gave a sigh of frustration as she tried to slip on the difficult shoe by herself

The laces were tangled causing her trouble to slide her left foot in, since there was no space.

"Baby why are you putting on your shoes? Let daddy do it for you" Louis chuckled.

He only walked out of their suite bathroom for a quick second to see his little girl struggling on the carpet floor.

"Big girl, I do it" Nova mumbled, looking up at Louis, before trying again.

"I do it" Nova said once more to herself while having frustration written on her face.

Louis knew he had to be carful with whatever response he had since her emotions were very sensitive at the moment.

He had two ideas from what it could be. Either it was Nova getting to bed after 2 am with not having enough sleep.

Or Nova being fragile by what she just revealed to the men while having to be '17'. Either way she needed some rest.

"Yes you are sweetheart, but you should let daddy help you. Okay"? Louis persuaded, coming over and squatting down in front of her.

After a few seconds, Nova pouted but still gave him her shoe. Louis smiled at her while untying her laces.

"You feeling okay hun"? Louis asked, just wanting to make sure.

Nova nodded, "tired", she whispered while rubbing her eyes for a second.

She then leaned her back down on the carpet, watching Louis slide her shoes on.

"I bet, we need a nap for you, love" Louis chuckled, watching her nearly fall asleep on the floor.

"No no, naps for b-babies" Nova murmured, shaking her head.

"I'm not" Nova mumbled.

She then slowly brought her finger to her mouth causing Louis to know that she was just contradicting herself.

He just had to go along with it knowing her mind would get littler after some time. Nova just wanted to prove herself.

"Naps aren't just for babies, flower. Anyone can take one if they're feeling a bit sleepy," Louis cooed.

Nova only glanced up at the young man with an exhausted daze before looking around the room again.

"but if you need one just tell us sweetheart" Louis cooed, bending to kiss her cheek.