Thirteen

"I think someone is getting a time out actually, you need time to think about all the things you've done today, we've had enough" Niall agreed

Nova whimpered while Zayn set her down and had a grip on her small hand. The two men started to lead her towards a corner by the stairs. The area was secluded so they knew there would be nothing to distract her.

"Please, no" Nova cried, trying to pull her wrist out of Zayn's.

Niall shook his head before setting the wooden stool on the ground. Zayn then picked up the seventeen year old to position her down on the seat.

Zayn kept his hands on her waist to hold her still.
He was starting to get worried on how panicky Nova was, her breathing was getting uneven and they didn't want her to start coughing.

"Nova baby, look at Papa" Zayn ordered, crouching in front of her. Niall was behind them with a frown from how stressed she was.

Nova still kept her head down, not listening to the young man.

"Baby, look up please" Zayn voiced with authority. That caused Nova to shyly lift her head, tears were still streaming down her face as she clasped her hands in her lap.

"There you go, love. Now don't over work yourself Nova, we don't need you to have an asthma attack do we"? Zayn asked, narrowing his eyes.

"No" Nova mumbled, rubbing the wetness off her cheeks.

"Exactly we don't, so just calm down hun. Time outs are not supposed to be scary but you are supposed think on the not so nice things you've done, including your attitude today. You need some quiet time by yourself, and that's actually what you asked for earlier Nova," Zayn explained, tilting his head.

'Of course they twist my words' Nova thought.

"Now you're going to turn around on the chair so you're facing the wall, and Da is going to set a timer on his phone for 20 minutes, okay?" Zayn instructed, before motioning for Niall to get his phone.

Nova sighed, before slowly turning her body around. She was soon faced towards the white wall.

She still turned her head around to see Zayn and Niall standing there.

"Just keep your head facing the wall, love" Zayn instructed, rubbing the seventeen year old's shoulders.

"We'll get you when the time is up. Just stay seated, love" Niall said as Zayn when back up to his feet. They both nodded at each other before leaving her and going upstairs to tell the other guys.