53 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒

ғɪғᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ
════════════════════

Jin brought his hands together as he listened to Namjoon's words

"How could you do this?"

"I did this for him."

"She's gone now, and do you know what happens if she finds him?"

Namjoon lowered his brows. "Cut the girl some slack. She's only trying to save your brother."

Jin abruptly stood up, moving toward the door. "It's not like I didn't want to save him either. I kept them apart to save him. It's something he'll never understand."

"Yeah, you're right. Because I don't."

Jin sighed. "Namjoon, one day you'll know what it feels like to need to protect those you love. Even if they push you to the edge, you'd still do anything to protect them."

"I already know what it feels like. My older brother died for me years ago. I just don't understand why you wouldn't do the same for Jimin."

He walked away, leaving Jin alone and trapped in his thoughts. He grabbed the walkie, and spoke harshly into it.

"Find her."

                   » » »

"Hoseok answer me."

Jimin continued to push his sunken body. Every few minutes, blood would drip down his leg. He laid on his back, trying to hold back the urge to scream. The wound was painful, but the cold air was even worse, as the cages bars were nearly frozen.

A man walked near the cage, using a key to open the iced lock. Jimin heard him from meters away, given the sound of his weapons clashing against each other. He pushed himself to the end of the cage, slamming his back against the wall.

The man grabbed him by the neck of his shirt, dragging him out the cage. He would've fought back, but he was too weak to move a muscle. He even pulled out the arrow himself, only making the wound bleed more.

He threw Jimin onto the floor, pressing his face into the hard cement. His foot held him down while he chained his hands behind his back. He harshly flipped him on his back, tying a cloth around his mouth.

The people gathered around. Men and women even brought their children to watch the great sacrifice. Every person who enters and in any form serves the government is sentenced to a painful death.

Ceres glanced at me after her and the mans discussion. "You got lost at the perfect moment."

I lowered my brows. "What are they cheering for?" I watched the circled people, holding torches, rocks, or whatever was sharp.