68 𝑔𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝓇𝑜𝓀𝑒

sɪxᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
════════════════════

I sat across from Jimin as we held hands over the table

I sat across from Jimin as we held hands over the table. He's been telling me that he had something important to say for weeks now, and I was finally willing to hear it.

"So." I raised my brows. "What do you have to tell me so bad?" I let go of his hands, smiling as I waited for him to speak.

"I-

"What is it?" I leaned closer. He nervously looked at the ground, before clearing his throat.

"We cant be together anymore." He whispered, while my mouth turned slightly parted. "I'm breaking up with you."

My body jolted up, and I was soon gasping for a breath of air. I glanced around, and sighed once I saw Jungkook peacefully sleeping, or so I thought.

"You okay?" He mumbled from the floor. I stayed silent, but my eyes followed his voice. He lifted his head form the dirt, trying to read my emotions from my face.

"Did you have a bad dream?"

"Something like that." I avoided his eyes, and instead played with the ring on my finger. The corners of his lips were slightly raised.

"About him?"

"Pfft, no." I let go of the ring, giving him my full attention. "Why'd you assume that?"

He softly chuckled. "Well for starters, you've been playing with that engagement ring for the past five minutes."

I stared at him blankly, until he waved his hand in my face. I dropped my head, attempting to hide my smile, but sadly he caught me.

"I knew it." He yelled to the air, as if it tried to object his theory. I laughed at his awful attempt of fake crying, as he tries to mock me.

"W-wait, when did I ever cry?" I objected, but he continued to mock me, not really caring about the poor girl being continuously insulted.

"El." He called my name out, while letting out breathy laughs.

"What." I crossed my arms, pretending to be hurt by his mockery, but I actually found it quite entertaining since he was so damn terrible at it. He's been doing this ever since we were kids, so I'm used to.

A coughed a couple times, before clearing his throat. "I just can't believe your engaged."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Time flies by so fast, doesn't it?"

He nodded. "I'm happy for you. I really am." He smiled, patting me on the shoulder. For a second, I felt that something was out of place. There was something wrong with the picture or to be more specific, something missing.