94 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁

ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ
════════════════════

"Where'd Jimin run off to—?" Jungkook mumbled as he grabbed a plastic cup, filling it with cold water

"I sent him and Hoseok to Cere's village." I quietly responded, checking the clock on the wall.

"What's wrong—?" Jungkook's eyes followed my worried one's.

I glanced over at him. "They should've finished the meeting by now."

"Maybe they're still talking." Jungkook shrugged his shoulders.

"That's a long talk." I muttered under my breath.

"Do you think this whole thing is gonna work?" He slowly shifted his gaze to my eyes. "You know, the plan to save all the trainees?"

"I know it'll work." I held both of his hands in mine, as I smiled. "We didn't come all this way to die."

"You're right." Jungkook nodded. "Were gonna do this for the people we lost—our parents, neighbors, Lisa, and anyone else who tried to fight the facility like we are."

"Jungkook." I whispered.

He gazed at me with glistening eyes. "Yeah."

"It's not your fault."

"W—

"Lisa." I slowly spoke. "It's not your fault that she's gone, Jungkook. You were only trying to save her."

"I just wish I could've done a better job." He bit his bottom lip as a single tear drop slipped on his face.

"You tried." I grabbed both his shoulders. "and to me, that's all that matters."

Jungkook harshly gulped before bringing his arms around me for a hug.  Still can't believe I'm blessed to have my best friend by my side. The majority of trainees were separated from every person they knew, but I was lucky enough to have Jungkook.

"Promise me you'll still be by my side in twenty years." Jungkook held out his pinky, as I reached forward to grab it.

"Promise." I smiled, swinging my arm.

⁺    ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .⁺    ˚
. *     ✦ .  ⁺   .
.     ⁺ ⁺