Jesse Lingard - Argument

Jesse was at training and it was your duty to pick him up

Jesse was at training and it was your duty to pick him up. You decided instead of going on your own, you'd take Lucia, your best friend as well as Marcus's girlfriend.

"So he couldn't drive himself to work?" Lu joked.

"He's been in such a shit mood Lu, him and Marcus ubered to work this morning." You told her, stopping at a red light.

"You're telling me, the guy with three cars, decided to get a taxi to work?" You nodded, still not understanding his attitude.

"Is everything alright with you two?" She asked and a sigh escaped your mouth.

"To me yeah, to him I couldn't tell you. He's been trying to pushing me away." She gave you a sympathetic smile and you headed into the Old Trafford car-park.

"I'll text Marcus and tell him we're here." She told you. You were in your own little world, tapping your fingers against the steering-wheel to the beat of your music.

"Hello." Marcus opened the door to your range-rover. You looked in your rear-mirror and opened the boot for Jesse to put all his training gear in.

"You cheered up yet?" You asked your boyfriend of six years.

"Shut up Y/N." You rolled your eyes as his best friend glared at him. Lucia didn't say anything, not wanting to get involved.

"Am I dropping you's two back home?" You asked them.

"Yeah please." Lucia said. The traffic was ridiculous, for it was 5 o'clock and everyone was travelling home from work.

"Change the song." Jesse spoke.

"My car, my music." You told him, turning the volume up slightly.

"The car I gave you the money for, the music I want." Jesse snapped back.

"Stop fucking showing off. You're acting like a kid." You raised your voice. The tension in the car was ridiculous.

"I'm sorry." You mouthed to Lucia, feeing bad that they were there to listen to the conversation. The ride back to their shared house was quiet, but eventually it was over.

"Have a safe drive back home Y/N." Marcus smiled.

"Thanks for the lift hun." Lucia side hugged you and waved you off.

"Anytime Lu." You smiled back. Before you started the car back up again, Jesse hopped into the passenger seat next to you.

"What's your problem?" You asked him, taking the keys out of the ignition.

"Nothing." He muttered, unlocking his phone and going on.

"You expect me to believe that all of that back there was nothing?" You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Fine, you know what, I saw the photos." He angrily looked at you.

"What photo's?" You questioned, now putting the keys back in.

"Don't play dumb Y/N, you told me you were going out with the girls, and there you are, hanging out with some random bloke." Jesse really wasn't happy.

"Wow, somebody has selective hearing." You shook your head at him before pulling away from Marcus and Lucia's house.

"You know what? When we're home, you can pack some bags, I swear down." He shook his head at you.

"That guy, was a guy I went to school with, in fact, he needed help finding a wedding ring for his boyfriend. I've known him my whole life and instead of getting shitty, all you had to do was fucking ask. So yeah, I'll pack some bags, and I'll leave. Swear down." You shouted. A sudden look of guilt spread across his face.

"I'm sor-" He began but you cut him.

"Don't." You turned Drake's album up and tried to forget that Jesse was next to you. Suddenly, your phone went off, it was connected to blue-tooth in your car so you could pick up as you were driving.

"Hello Y/N it's Manny." Your friend called out.

"Hey Manny, did you find a wedding ring in the end?" You questioned him.

"I did, I was wandering if you wanted to bring your boyfriend as a plus one, I'm sure he assumed a lot when he saw the pap photos." Manny spoke.

"Yeah, he was an asshole about it and has been for the past few days." You told him, knowing Jesse wouldn't say anything.

"Aw Y/N I'm so sorry. Tell him I'm sorry if he thought different. Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I'll see ya in a few weeks." You smiled.

"Bye Manny." You ended the call and indicated down the private road where your's and Jesse's mansion was. The gate unlocked and you parked up next to Jesse's Range Rover. Quickly, you grabbed your keys and headed indoors.

"I need alcohol." You muttered to yourself. There was a bottle of rosé in the fridge and you poured yourself a glass.

"I'm sorry for assuming things. I know I should've talked to you first before going off on one." Jesse apologised from the door-frame of the kitchen.

"I'm not even mad about your mood you know?" You questioned and he looked at you weirdly.

"I'm mad at your statement about the car. You know damn fucking well I was gonna pay for that but you insisted. You made me feel like shit Jesse." You sighed. He hesitantly walked over to you.

"I shouldn't have said it. Especially in front of Marcus and Lucia as well, forgive me?" He pouted like a puppy, it made you laugh.

"Only if you promise never to say anything like that to me again." He nodded.

"I promise."