Jesse Lingard - Take A Break Part 2

"Pedro close the curtains man!" You groaned as the sunlight shined through the living room.

"It's nearly two in the afternoon, shut up Y/N!" He threw a pillow at you and you rolled your eyes. The drinking last night was taking its toll on you, because your head was pounding.

"I left you a painkiller and glass of water, you're welcome." He chuckled, and you had both in your hand within seconds.

"I have missed calls from Jesse's mum and Marcus, what the hell happened last night?" You asked your cousin.

"You don't remember?" He raised an eyebrow and you shook your head.

"Y/N, you told Jesse you wanted a break, started shouting at him and everything." Pedro reminded you, suddenly it hit you and you remembered everything you said.

"Before he could say anything, you grabbed a blanket and conked out on the sofa. He let himself out, said he was coming round at three to talk sober." He told you.

"Well this should be great." You sighed. The hour seemed to go by really slow, but you managed to wash your face, brush your teeth and look half decent for when he arrived.

"I've got to go and do the food shop, but can you lock this place up before you go?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks for everything Ped." He hugged you and then headed for the door, only to be greeted with Jesse on the other side.

"She's wallowing in self-pity on the sofa, good luck bud!" Your cousin patted him on the shoulder and left. Jesse walked himself in, closing the door behind him.

"Y'alright?" He asked, with his hands buried in the pockets of his jeans.

"Hanging, but yeah. What about you?" You asked, and it was as if you were talking to a stranger, the tension was cutting through the room.

"I'm shocked." He admitted.

"Y/N what you said last night, I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I'm a dickhead, and I won't deny it, because the things I've done to you, are so stupid." Jesse sat down on the opposite sofa, but didn't lose eye-contact.

"I'm gonna cut the bullshit, do you really think we should go on a break? Because you and I both know what happens when couples decide to have a break." Jesse asked.

"What I said last night, was everything that I should've said before I stormed out and got wasted." You began.

"Jesse, this isn't the first, second or third time we've had this exact same conversation. I feel like a parrot with how much I've repeated the same things to you." You sighed.

"We've been arguing with each-other like this, on and off, for the past year, you really think that's healthy on either of us? It's affected your career and my career, well, I'm on the brink of getting sacked because I have to call them, telling them I can't come in because I have a banging headache from my boyfriend."

"It's not fair." You finished, now not looking at him.

"So that's it then? You wanna give up on us just like that." He questioned.

"Jesse, you gave up on us a long time ago. You gave up the right to call me yours, when you started all this bullshit with other girls. You need time to reflect on what you've done. I'm not a fool." You announced.

"One month, no talking, no nothing. You don't know what you have until it's really gone, and I want you to regret ever making a fool out of me."