Marcus Rashford - Be There

Just as you cuddled up with your dog on the sofa, your phone started ringing

Just as you cuddled up with your dog on the sofa, your phone started ringing. It was Jesse.

"Lingard I'm about to watch Emmerdale, what do you want?" You asked.

"It's Marcus. He's not good Y/N." Jesse sounded worried.

"What's happened?" You and Marcus had been close friends since the two of you were eleven, so anything that bothered him, bothered you as well.

"She broke up with him." He told you and that's all it took for you to grab your car keys as long as the dog leash.

"I'll be there as soon as." You sighed and put the phone down.

"Let's go cheer Marcus up." You cooed to your dog, Hector. The cold air of Manchester hit you like a tonne of bricks but his apartment wasn't that long of a walk. You buzzed up to Marcus.

"Y/N?" Jesse spoke through.

"Can you let me in please?" You asked and the door clicked open. Hector walked beside you and soon enough you were walking through the front door.

"Is he alright?" You said to Jesse who looked just as clueless as you did.

"Hasn't talked to me all day and you know what he's normally like. He's on the sofa, sulking." He told you.

"Hey bud." Jesse bent down and patted your dog, who you quickly unleashed.

"Marcus." You let him know you were there as you walked into the front room. He looked up at you and the amount of sadness in his eyes really upset you.

"Wanna talk about it?" You asked and he shook his head. You sat down next to him on the sofa.

"That's a shame because I can tell that right now all you want to do is talk, so take your time, and let it out." You told him.

"I didn't think we'd actually end things. Well, she ended things with me Y/N, but that's not the point. I know we were fighting and that but it's just a shock to the system." He admitted and you nodded. Jesse came in with Hector and sat on the opposite sofa.

"I saw this coming Rashy." You began and he looked at you weirdly.

"I said she wasn't right for you, but you, you little stubborn arse still went and dated her." You chuckled and he smiled lightly.

"Wish I had listened to you Y/N." He mumbled.

"Well my babes it's a little too late to do that so right now, I think you need a brew and a cuddle." You said. Marcus followed you into his kitchen while you made the tea.

"Can you stay over?" He asked.

"Already planned on doing that." You simply said, knowing that he'd lend you a spare shirt of his to sleep in.

"She cheated on me." He suddenly said and you could feel your face getting hot.

"She fucking did what?" Your voice raised.

"Yeah, found out from the tabloids and then caught her." He frowned.

"Marcus look at me." You put your finger underneath his chin so he could make decent eye contact with you as you spoke.

"You deserve more then someone that's willing to do that. When karma comes back around, it'll hit her hard. Pain makes you stronger Rashy, you know that." He wrapped his arms around you.

"I appreciate that." You poured the drinks and went back to give Jesse his.

"You feeling any better now Y/N's here?" Jesse wiggled his eyebrows.

"Just glad you're both here to be honest." Marcus admitted, resting his head on your shoulder.

"Always gonna be." Jesse reassured him.

"That's for sure." You smiled. The three amigos could never be broken - as cheesy as it is.