Jesse Lingard - Gold Digger

Jesse was stressed out to the maximum

Jesse was stressed out to the maximum. Not only did he have one hundred and fifty guests downstairs but the one thing he needed most right now, was no where to be seen.

"You good bro?" Marcus asked his best friend, as Jesse continued to stress.

"My wallet is gone." He told him. Marcus's eyes widened knowing that there was a fair bit of cash in there as well as credit cards.

"You want me to ask around?" Marcus asked again.

"Nah, I'll just try look myself." Jesse sighed. It was your twenty-fifth birthday and Jesse had thrown you a massive party. It wasn't really worth celebrating for you didn't really want to carry on ageing. Marcus nodded and headed back down to carry on raving.

"He's proper stressed out Y/N." Marcus ushered to your boyfriend, pointing up to the ceiling.

"Where is he?" You shouted over the music, pulling yourself away from your friends.

"Your bedroom." He told you. You headed upstairs and there he was, pacing the room, opening and shutting multiple draws.

"Babe? You okay?" You asked. You closed to door so you could hear him properly.

"I can't find it." He muttered.

"What can't you find?" You questioned him with a raised eyebrow.

"My wallet, it's gone." Your jaw-dropped. He had a lot of money in there and you knew he really needed it.

"My drivers license, my cards everything is in there Y/N." Jesse continued.

"It'll show up, it's got to. Nobody here would ever steal from you." You reassured him but he wasn't convinced.

"Have you checked the suitcases?" You asked him. You, Marcus, Lucia and Jesse had just spent two weeks in Barbados and it was sure as one of the best trips.

"Flipped them and everything." You smiled lightly at him.

"It'll show up." You repeated, running a comforting hand up his arm.

"I hope so Y/N, go back down and enjoy the party." He kissed your cheek.

"I love you." You said, opening the door.

"I love you too." And with that you headed back downstairs. Everyone cheered when they saw you re-appear and it made you laugh. Jesse was still frantic over his wallet and his last resort was the Gucci make up bag on your vanity. His heartbeat raced when he felt the thickness of leather in there and when he opened it up, there was his wallet.

"What?" He muttered. All sorts of emotions ran through him. He was upset because it was in your makeup bag, he was angry that you'd try and take his money without consultation, everything. Betrayal was definitely the main one.

Jesse stormed down the stairs after placing the bag back down on the vanity and when he found you talking to Trent and Hendo, he pulled you away immediately.

"Ow, what are you doing?" You asked, as he tugged you all the way upstairs.

"What is your problem?" You pushed him off of you as the two of you were now back in your bedroom.

"Nobody here would ever steal from me, but you thought it was okay?" He questioned, an angry look on his face and arms crossed over his chest.

"Wait what? I would never steal from you." You were gobsmacked at his accusations.

"Really Y/N? Really? You wanna play that Fucking game? My wallet is in you Gucci bag!" He shouted, retrieving his wallet and throwing the bag to the ground.

"I didn't put it in there, I haven't even used my own makeup since we got back. Hendo's girlfriend did my makeup." You tried to tell him.

"Why are you lying for? It was literally in your bag!" He shouted again.

"You think I'd actually steal from you? Why on earth would I do that?" You questioned him, feeling more upset.

"Just this morning you went off and brought that Fucking dress. With what money, or should I say with whose money did you use to pay for it?" Jesse glared.

"My own money. Because I have a job." You stated the obvious.

"I didn't take your wallet Jesse." You looked him in the eyes but he was having none of it.

"I pay for everything you own in this house, your food, clothes, the car, everything. You know, I'm starting to believe you really did take it." He continued to accuse.

"I didn't take your wallet." You repeated. Jesse was watching your every move - eying you like a hawk.

"It's not the first time a gold-digger entered my life." He snapped and that's all it took for you to know that everything you said, he wouldn't believe. Your heart had broken , the tears were forming.

"I'll leave then." You whispered, turning your back towards the door.

"You're leaving with nothing. I paid for it all." He reminded you. Truth be told, he had. But that's because he had always refused for you to pay for anything. Jesse sat on the bed, his head in his hands, replaying the last few moments in his mind.

"Oh Jesse!" Lucia screeched, entering the bedroom, only to find you not there.

"Go back to the party Lu." Jesse told her.

"I've gotta tell you something." She hiccuped, completely wasted from the amount of drinks she had consumed.

"Marcus told me you lost your wallet, but I found it downstairs in the kitchen earlier and put it in that Gucci bag so nobody took it." She told him.

Jesse's face dropped.

"You put it in there?" He asked, double checking she knew what she was saying.

"Yeah." She smiled before heading back out. Jesse practically sprinted past her, an instant hit of regret running through him.

"Trent where's Y/N?" He asked his best friend.

"She's not with you?" Trent raised an eyebrow.

"Fuck." Jesse scanned the room and you weren't there. He headed towards the downstairs toilets and there was a queue to use.

"Whose in there?" Jesse asked one of your friends.

"Y/N, and she's crying." Jesse's heart ached more. You were never fond of locking doors so he had easy access getting in.

"Babe-" Jesse began.

"Don't." You gulped. You were sat on the edge of the bath. Tears were steaming down your face.

"I'm so sorry." He apologised, hesitantly bending down in front of you and placed either hand on your knees.

"Lucia told me everything, I'm so fucking sorry." He continued to apologise.

"Don't worry, I've booked an Uber, I'll be out of here in no time." You sniffled, shrugging him off of you and looking in the mirror.

"No, you can't go." It came out more of a whine.

"You wanted me to leave. You thought I would steal from you. I could and would never do that." You sighed, wiping under your eyes.

"I know babe, I know. Please don't go." He turned you so you were facing him.

"I need you." His comments were drawing you in.

"I'm staying but I'm not sharing that bed with you tonight. I'm not a gold-digger. I don't steal. I can't even look at you in the face Jesse." You pushed him away and left the bathroom.

That's when he knew, he had seriously fucked up.