John Stones - School Reunion

It had been nine, nearly ten years since you last walked through your school gates, and tonight was the reunion

"Do you reckon they'll be surprised that we remained friends?" Your best friend of fifteen years asked as the two of you walked into the school building.

"We were the naughtiest kids there so no." You laughed.

"Y/N and Y/B/F/N!" One of your favorite teachers called out.

"Oh my god! Miss Hazel!" She embraced you both in a double hug.

"How have you two been? Have you been keeping out of trouble?" She was the teacher who would always be there whenever you and Y/B/F/N had been bad, and a lot of the time, she always defended you.

"We're good, we're good. Trouble? I don't know what you're talking about." You smirked and she chuckled.

"Well ladies, if you go through to the hall, there's a bar, and a few other familiar faces." She hugged you both again and you headed for the hall.

"Brittany." Y/B/F/N snapped under her breath.

"Keep your calm, we're mature adults." You tried to reason with her.

"Mature adults my arse Y/N, she tried to fight me in Year Eleven and I was the one who got uninvited to prom." A randomaiter came along with free glasses of champagne and shoved one into her hand.

"We're here for a good time, just stay away from her." You told her and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll pretend I didn't see you do that." You laughed. Stood in the corner of the room, was one face you thought you'd never see up close ever again.

"John fucking Stones, got hot." You had to take a double glance to make sure it was him.

"You didn't make a move ten years ago, now's your time to shine. I'll go buy us some better drinks then this gross champagne." She pushed you in John's direction, and now you had to talk to him.

"Y/N Y/L/N, is that really you?" John questioned once had seen you.

"It really is. How have you been John?" You knew you were grinning like an idiot and he gave you a hug.

"Well you know how it is, football everyday, this is Kyle, my teammate." He introduced the two of you.

"Nice to meet you." You smiled.

"Nice to meet you love." He smiled back.

"So you and Brittany didn't last long then?" You accidentally blurted out and he chuckled.

"She wasn't exactly supportive of anything I was doing, it wouldn't have worked out." He told you.

"Sorry to hear that. I didn't think I'd be seeing you here tonight." He was about to reply, but Y/B/F/N had tapped you on the shoulder, handing you your drink.

"Y/B/F/N, you haven't changed one bit." John laughed.

"John Stones, Y/N thinks you got hot, so do me a favor, and don't treat her like a mug, again." She told him and your jaw-dropped.

"I am so sorry for her." You were quick to apologize.

"It's all good, she'll be on the karaoke in a minute." He joked.

"You're not wrong there." Y/B/F/N had gone up onto the stage, and everyone in the room was watching her.

"God help us." You muttered.

"Class of two-thousand-and-eight, it wasn't great being here, but I would like to invite Brittany up here to do a duet with me." Both yours and John's eyes widened, while Kyle looked confused.

"Brittany was a bully, she had mutual enemies, and Y/B/F/N was who she hated the most." You informed him.

"John this isn't gonna end well." You sighed.

"Let's just see how it all pans out." John said. The song "I hate you, I love you." Began playing.

"I don't mean no harm." Brittany sung and then it was Y/B/F/N's turn.

"I hate you, I hate you, I love that I hate you." She changed the words and the crowd began laughing. Brittany scoffed and before she had the chance to walk off of the stage, Y/B/F/N tipped her alcohol over her.

"Well that was eventful." John laughed.

"She's getting kicked out, again. I best go with her." You told him, placing your drink down on the side.

"Give me your phone." You looked at him strangely, but gave it over anyway.

"My numbers in there, I'd love to see you again." He smiled, while you blushed.

"Sounds lovely John, I'll see you around guys." You waved them off and John winked at you. Once you had gotten outside, Y/B/F/N was standing with a smirk.

"Now you have his new number, let's hit the town."