Marcus Rashford - Random Knocks

At twenty-one, nobody expected you to own your own house

At twenty-one, nobody expected you to own your own house. Nobody had belief in you, but you went and done it.

A lot of people gave Marcus Rashford credit to your earnings because he was once upon a time your best friend, but the truth was, you did it all on your own.

Marcus hadn't talked to you since the day he took this girl on a 'date' and that date was two years ago. They were now a happy couple, and your best friend, was no longer your best friend.

It stung at first, you had met each-other in Year 7 of Secondary School and were so close. Everyone was shocked when Marcus announced that you guys just didn't have contact anymore.

It took a lot of getting used to. No more late night calls, no more hugs, no more anything from him, but you gradually got over it. You didn't hate him, he meant a lot to you, there was even photos on your walls of the both of you together.

You perched yourself onto your sofa, ready to watch a film but the front door knocked.

"Seriously?" You groaned, putting your bowl of popcorn down on the coffee table in front of you. You swung open the door and nearly fell over.

"So this really is your address." The voice you hand't heard in so long, spoke to you.

"I-I don't know what to say Marcus." Your mood instantly changed.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Why?" You asked back, not really wanting to be in his presence.

"Please Y/N." You let out a sigh, but chose to be the bigger person. You opened the door wider so he could let himself in.

"Nice house you've got." He complimented with a smile.

"Yeah, took a lot of hard work, but you wouldn't know that because you walked out of my life two years ago." You sassed, falling back onto the sofa.

"I'm not here to argue." Marcus began.

"Then what are you here for?" Marcus sat down on the other end of the sofa.

"I missed you." He admitted and you nearly choked on your food.

"Are you fucking with me right now?" You questioned with a raised voice. He looked slightly taken back by your attitude.

"You're two years too late to miss me." You scoffed.

"I'm still with her." Marcus ignored your comment.

"Good for you." He sighed but couldn't help the small smirk appear on his lips.

"Not really a funny situation though is it?" You rolled your eyes.

"I forgot how gobby you were." He chuckled but now you ignored his comment.

"We were so close Y/N, and it's so peak that we aren't anymore." Marcus sat up properly.

"I tried to talk to you, I reached out multiple times Marcus but you were always to busy with her. I had so much respect for you when you finally found someone who treated you well, but all I got was a kick to the curb." You opened up and he felt awful.

"I got so caught up in a relationship, and I didn't realize what I was doing until we lost all contact." Marcus sighed.

"We lost contact within the first few weeks of your relationship, it still took you two years." Your eyes averted to the canvas on the wall of you and Marcus when he scored on his England debut. You were on his shoulders and the both of you were creasing up.

"That was such a special day." You told Marcus and he looked at what you were looking at.

"I didn't even realize you had that." He grinned, but the smile soon faded when he realized the friendship he once had with you, had completely gone down the drain.

"I'm not saying I forgive you." You continued and it got his attention.

"But I can't lie and say I didn't miss you, because I really have." You admitted.

"It's been so long." Marcus sighed.

"I know it has, and it's pictures and memories like that which hurt the most." Marcus didn't even know what to say to you.

"We could try and make up for lost time?" He suggested with a quiet voice.

"I'm only willing to do that one two conditions. One, your girlfriend knows about it so I don't get plastered on anymore football tabloids." You reasoned and he nodded.

"And two, this friendship remains, it doesn't flop, and neither of us lose contact. Deal?" You put out your hand and instead, he hugged you.

"Deal, I really have missed you Y/N."