Marcus Rashford - Love You

You had a past relationship that you had never spoken about with Marcus

Marcus was your current boyfriend and had been for a good four months. He knew you had been in a previous relationship, but with whom, he didn't. You didn't think you'd have to open up about it until today.

"Y/N you here?" Marcus spoke to you on Bluetooth as you entered the car park of the Old Trafford training ground.

"Yes babe, just parked in my usual spot." You told him and he put the phone down. Weird but okay. You tapped your fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the music until the all so familiar faces headed towards your car.

"Lingard." You greeted with a smile as he sat down in the back.

"Alright Y/N." He grinned. Paul got in beside him and you greeted him as well.

"You good babe?" You asked Marcus as he sat down in the passenger seat.

"Yeah, just a bit knackered." And it was with that comment you could tell he was lying. You didn't push it though, so you dropped his team-mates off to their places before getting alone time with him.

"Now tell me what's really up." You told him as you parked up outside your apartment building. He let out a sigh.

"I've never been one to pressure you into talking about certain things." He began and you knew where the conversation was going.

"But from what I heard, which I'm not saying I believe, I just want clarification. Did you used to date Harry Winks?" He asked and there was the icing on the cake.

"Yeah." You coughed awkwardly, an uncomfortable feeling running through your veins.

"What happened with you two?" Marcus asked again.

"I don't really wanna explain it all over again." The amount of times you had to repeat yourself to everyone, had definitely took its toll on your attitude to the breakup.

"You can talk to me Y/N, I'm here to stay." He said proudly.

"I was eighteen he was nearly nineteen. Up until the start of last year, everyone was good. Then it just flopped." You started off, looking him in the eye.

"He never hurt me and vice versa. There was no other guy or other girl, it was just that we never had time for each-other. He was in London and I was in Manchester and things never worked out, the way we wanted." The look on Marcus's face showed you he was listening.

"Harry offered to pay all the bills if I moved down there with him but I couldn't leave everything I had up here behind and that's when we had a fat argument and decided it was best to leave things at that." You finished off.

"Wow." Was all he could say.

"I don't really know what to say to that. You've kept your head up when I know hundreds of other people would've lost themselves in a situation like that." Marcus told you and you smiled lightly.

"Why'd you ask about it anyway?" You asked him.

"Because it had been playing on my mind. I wouldn't let that happen to us you know?" He said seriously.

"It won't." You said sharply, him following you towards your shared apartment.

"Distance should never be a reason to breakup, personally, but I get it. I do." Marcus grabbed your hand and laced it with his as you entered through the front door.

"Thank-You for understanding." You smiled and he reached down and placed a kiss to your lips.

"Always Y/N."