Marcus Rashford - Red Card

It was the Man United versus Burnley game and the game was nearing an end

It was the Man United versus Burnley game and the game was nearing an end. You were stood just by the exit of the tunnel, watching the game.

"Y/N!" A couple of fans screeched from their seats. You looked up and grinned.

"Hiya." Suddenly everyone's focus went towards the pitch. Your face turned angry when you noticed it was your boyfriend forehead to forehead with a player from the other team.

"What the fuck." You muttered to yourself. Marcus had only been on the pitch for ten minutes.

"Get off him then!" You shouted, wanted to walk over there yourself and practically kill the player who had his hands on your man. The referee put up a red-card as Marcus head-butted the opposing player. Jesse shot you a sympathetic look and from afar, Marcus was swearing under his breath.

"Tell him we still love him Y/N." One of the fans called out.

"Babe-" You called for Marcus but he ran past you, through the tunnel. You sighed knowing that he'd be in a bad mood for god knows how long.

"Which way did he go?" You asked one of the workers.

"Changing rooms." He replied. There was nothing worse then Marcus in a mood, especially when he was usually always happy.

"Marcus?" You knocked on the door. There was no reply so you just barged your way in.

"You shouldn't be in here." He muttered, not taking a second look at you.

"Are you okay?" He laughed pathetically at your question.

"Of course I am Y/N, I didn't just get a red card for something that wasn't my fault." He said sarcastically, throwing his shin-pads to the ground.

"Lose that attitude with me for starters." You snapped.

"Oh fuck off if you're gonna be like that." He groaned. You rolled your eyes and walked over to him.

"Babe, listen. That red-card in my opinion, was a load of bullshit. That guy was all over you, and I will beat his girlfriends arse if he gives you anymore grief." You tried to reassure him.

"I don't get it, he was pushing me so far Y/N and I was only on for ten minutes." He groaned.

"I know he was but what's happened has happened now, you've got teammates who are gonna back you. I don't know how Mourinho will react though." You told him.

"Rub it in then." Marcus shrugged you off and headed towards the door.

"You're lucky you know?" You questioned, he glanced behind his shoulder.

"I've put up with everything in your career and all I'm trying to do is help." You sighed.

"Well stop trying and start doing." And with that, he slammed the door and walked out again. You knew he wasn't gonna be nice now.

"Yo Y/N, is he good?" Jesse jogged over to you. The game was over.

"No, he's in a strop but it's understandable." You told him. He gave you a side-hug despite being gross and sweaty.

"He'll be alright. Go after him." Jesse told you. The only other place you could've imagined him being was the coach that would be taking you and the Man United team back to the hotel. You showed your VIP lanyard to the security guard and headed up onto the bus. Marcus was sat with his earphones in.

"I was only trying to help." You said but he wasn't listening at all. You knew it was probably best to leave him alone anyway. The team slowly started loading back up on the bus and Jesse sat on the table of four with you and Jesse.

"Jesse is that the guy who got Marcus a red card?" You pointed to the other team walking by. Jesse looked outside.

"The one with the girl yeah." He told you. As if by coincidence, he turned around and started glaring at Marcus.

"That's it." You snapped. Marcus heard you and took out his earphones but by now you were too busy running out of the bus.

"Hey, you!" You rushed over. Everyone on the Man United bus watched you.

"Y/N don't." Marcus called quickly rushing off the bus after you.

"You deserves that red card, who'd you think you are pushing him around ay?" You questioned, giving back the same glare he had given Marcus.

"He shouldn't have head-butted my boyfriend babe." The girl next to him stomped her foot.

"I'll rip your fake extensions out hun." You laughed in her face.

"Sort your girlfriend out mate!" Marcus shouted.

"You dare push him around again." You put a finger in his face, but then his girlfriend went to hit you. Good reflexes were a positive as you blocked her hit.

"Nice try." You put your middle finger up to her as you slowly walked back. You headed back on the bus only to be applauded by all the other guys.

"That was brave Y/N." Jesse laughed as you sat back down. Marcus sat beside you.

"You didn't have to do that you know?" Marcus smiled slightly.

"You told me to stop trying and start doing so that's what I did." You rested your head on his shoulder.

"I didn't mean that and I'm sorry. I appreciate you doing that." He kissed your forehead and the coach began driving.

"That block though Y/N, my days." Jesse was still in shock and it made you laugh.

"Get me a girl that defends me like that." He muttered but Marcus hears him.

"I'm glad I already do."