Jesse Lingard - Horse Riding

A random text to Jesse at seven in the morning was something he wasn't expecting

Get ready, I'm picking you up at half past

He squinted at the brightness of his phone and groaned.

Why?

He replied. It was the morning after a match day and he was absolutely knackered

Because you love me, and I'm taking you somewhere.

Jesse didn't second guess it and gradually got out of bed. Normally, he wouldn't leave this early in the morning unless it was for training, but because he loved you, he obliged.

"Why are you even up so early?" Jesse yawned when you walked through his front door.

"We've been together for six months now, and there's just a little something that I haven't let you in on. So today, is your lucky day." You smiled, giving him a kiss.

"You're lucky I love you." He grinned. You playfully rolled your eyes and the two of you set off in your car.

"What can I possibly not know about you?" Jesse muttered.

"Trust me, this is the last thing. I don't even know how you're gonna act when you see." It took a good fifteen minute drive when you pulled up to your stables.

"Y/N's horse stable?" Jesse read the massive plaque as you drove through field leading to your stables.

"Wait, you have horses?" Jesse turned to you.

"Jackpot." You chuckled. Switching off your engine, he seemed pretty eager to get out of the car and go and explore.

"So I have ten horses. Five mares and five stallions." You began, opening your boot.

"What do you mean Y/N?" He chuckled.

"Five girls and five boys babe." You informed him.

"These are yours, because I knew you'd wear your fucking Gucci shoes." You handed him a pair of riding boots in his size.

"I'm honoured." He said sarcastically with a smile.

"I used to ride from when I was three till I was fourteen but then I had an accident and didn't get back onto a horse till I was eighteen." You told him. He wandered what had happened, but he didn't want to push it.

"Horse riding to me, is like football for you." You said simply. Jesse was taken back. The part of land with everything on it, was all yours.

"I have three stable hands, whom Y/B/F/N is one of them." You told him.

"So this is where you go three times a day?" He questioned.

"Yeah, gotta keep them looked after." Jesse followed next to you as you took him to where all the horses were.

"The boys are on the left, the girls are on the right. Diablo, Domino, Bandit, Manny and Hudson are my boys, and Bonnie, Penny, Savannah, Charm and Fern are my girls." You pointed out.

"If you get confused, all of their names are on their stable doors." Jesse draped his arm across your shoulder when you walked through the main storage area with all of the riding equipment.

"You're really passionate about this aren't you?" Jesse asked, watching you grab helmets.

"Always have been Jess, and now today, I'm putting you to the test." You smiled, placing a helmet on top of his head and clipping it in.

"I ain't riding no horses Y/N, I'll get thrown off one." He shook his head.

"I know how you feel babe, but you'll never know until you try. My horses are calm, trust me." You reassured him.

"Now you have ten to choose from, so take your pick." You told him. He didn't look overly impressed.

"I'll take Charm." Jesse walked over and you stood with a smirk watching as he managed to pet her without freaking out.

"You're staring Y/N." He laughed.

"I know." You chuckled. You lead Charm out of her stable and tied her up.

"I'm gonna go and get her saddle and reins." Jesse looked at you as if you were crazy but within minutes, Charm was all set up and ready to go for a ride.

"You did that in expert time, I'm telling ya." Jesse shook his head, not even trying to hide the smile on his face. You decided to take Diablo, so it only took another short amount of time till you were done.

"They've all been fed, and cleaned this morning so they're ready to go." You hopped up onto Diablo, leaving Jesse on the ground.

"You can use that little step guide if you can't get up naturally." Jesse pouted up at you, and managed to just about successfully get up onto the horse.

"Just follow my lead okay babe? If you need to stop, pull on the reins. If you want to go, gently kick the inside of the stirrup." The two of you managed to set off nicely.

"When I went to bed last night, I didn't think I'd be waking up and doing this." Jesse admitted.

"I had a random thought of just bringing you here, and now was better then never." You told him.

"I'm glad you did Y/N, you've worked so hard on this place." He genuinely seemed so proud of you and it made you happy.

"I really appreciate it. I love you." You smiled over at him.

"I love you-" He was about to finish his sentence but Charm took off.

"Y/N I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG?" He called out to you and you couldn't help but laugh.

"PULL THE REINS BACK CALMLY AND HOLD TIGHT!" You shouted back. He did and Charm stopped. You caught up to him.

"Before I nearly saw my death, I was gonna say that I loved you too."