Encounter

NOTE TO READER: Y/N IS NOW NARRATING!!

I could sense that Jungkook wasn't too keen on me meeting the others. But when we arrived to where the others were sitting, he tried his hardest not to show it. 

I was behind him, with my face mask on. I found Jin smiling at Jungkook and me. I guess he probably knew it was me- the mask didn't work this time... 

Knowing him, he would have said it out loud but I guess I haven't really seen them in a long while because they all have changed in many ways. 

As we approached the table, Jungkook calls out to them. 

"Hyungs!"

They turn round to see us and that's when I felt my hands turn cold. My anxiety was kicking in because I was about to say something but my mouth wouldn't budge.

"Ah! Jungkook, so this is the stranger who left the note,"

"Namjoon Hyung, she isn't actually a stranger, in fact she works in our building!"

"I see, apologies if I offended you," 

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind" I say, still not removing my mask. 

"Hey, you can take a seat!" 

So I sit down next to Taehyung, but he was still busy eating his meal and didn't really notice or realise that it was me. It reminded me of when we were younger. 

Once there was a guest who came round to our place in Daegu. Taehyung and I were eating our lunch and the woman had taught us that whenever a guest would come, we had to stand up and greet them instantly. So when the gust was lead into the kitchen, I stood up and greeted them but Taehyung was so busy eating that he didn't really notice the person and didn't stand up to greet them. 

And that's exactly what he was doing to me right now. So I decide to just play along. 

"So, what is your role in the company?"

"Um, I'm actually a solo artist who only debuted a few months ago."

I get an excited round of "Ahhh! I see!" 

"How are you getting on with your job then?" 

" Well, it's not too bad if I'm honest. It can get stressful at times but it really is a wonderful career! What about you guys?"

"Yeah, it's the same here as well, I mean there's seven of us and each of us have different abilities so when we work together, we have to make sure that everyone is able to catch on with the work,"

That was definitely the Namjoon I remember, the highly intellectual guy. I remember the first time I met him, in the maths class. He told me about everything that we had covered and when the exams were, He was the same person whose maths book was neatly laid out. 

"I still don't know what your name is by the way," Uh oh. Here comes the moment of truth!

I smile behind my mask and then remove it from my face. Taehyung still wasn't looking, which really bothered me internally. 

"OH MY DAYS!" 

"Y/N? IS THAT YOU?!"

"JEON JUNGKOOK! DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS?" 

"Jeez, I didn't know until today..."

"YOU COULD HAVE TOLD US WHO IT WAS!"

I start to laugh. This was too funny. They were acting as if they met one of their favourite singer who was talking to them in a disguise. Finally, I noticed from the corner of my eye that Taehyung was staring at me looking shook whilst holding the soup bowl that he was eating from. The way he was staring at me was just so comical that it made me laugh even harder.