Victim

NOTE TO READERS: TAEHYUNG IS STILL NARRATING! 

Life for us wasn't the best when we began our journey into this world. We didn't know who our real parents were until only a few months ago. Other than that, our general experiences weren't great either. 

Y/N used to get bullied in middle school for a while. I remember that she would always come home in tears.  Bruises all over her arms and legs, scars on her face. But still she would bravely live on as if they didn't bully her at all.  I remember asking her all the time who kept on hurting her but she kept on defending them and kept blaming her self, saying it was her fault. I was ready to beat them up.

It was annoying that she kept on defending those twits and kept blaming herself for being bullied. That was until one day. 

That one day, she made her move. 

That was one move saved her from being bullied every day in middle school. If only she had made that move when all of that stuff started she wouldn't have all those painful impressions on her body. 

Y/N came home the day before with a large visible bruise on her cheekbone. 

"What happened this time?"

"Nothing,"

"If nothing happened what is that large bruise on your face for then?"

"We were playing basketball, I tried to aim for the hoop but it landed on my face instead.." excuses

"We?"

"My team..."

"So you're telling me that all these marks and scratches on you were all sport related injuries?"

"No..."

She looked down and covered her eyes. Then started sniffling. Tears rolled down her sad eyes. I raised her chin lightly. It must have hurt greatly. I couldn't relate at all. I never got bullied- not in elementary school, or middle school. NEVER. 

But one thing I knew for sure was that she was incredibly hurt. 

"I'm sorry," 

"It's my fault," she cried.

"I want to protect you, I just don't know what to do, I'm so sorry" 

"It's my fault," she continued to cry. Again, she kept blaming herself.

"It's my fault, not yours" this time she didn't say anything. She just stood there covering her eyes and cried. I felt awful just watching her drain her sorrows and pains like that. 

I held her lightly by the shoulders (she had plenty of bruises there) and gave her a hug. I remember wanting her to stay there. I wanted her to be safe. I wanted her to be protected from all the things that hurt her. I wanted her to know that nothing would happen to her as long as I was there for her. She would be safe from everything out there that was coming to get her.  

She had me.