Nicole Maines (Nia Nal)

A/N: you beat up a girl who called her a man

When Nia told you she was a transgender female on your second date. You didn't care. You absolutely like Nia Nal. Man or woman. It didn't really mattered to you. Just as long as she laughed at your jokes. When you told her that she laughed with tears in her eyes. You wanted her to be comfortable with you.

Things between you and her were beginning to become serious. You wanted to ask her to be your girlfriend and your were nervous. With her being a reporter and you being a cop things would get busy and you wouldn't be able to see much of each other. But somehow you two made it work.

You were on your way to pick up Nia for a date and you were excited. You were going to be your girlfriend tonight and your were nervous. You knocked on her apartment. It didn't take her long to open the door greeting you with hat beautiful smile of hers.

"Hey Nia." "Hey Y/N." You smiled and handed her the roses you bought her. "Thank you Y/NN let me put this in some water and then we will leave." You nodded as she walked away into the kitchen. You smiled and waited patiently.

"Okay come on let's go." She walked back to you with her bag on her shoulder. "Where are we going?" She asked as she locked her door and turned to face you with a smile on her face. You took her hand in your intertwining your fingers with hers. You saw her blush as you lead her away from her apartment.

"That's a surprise."

**

The two of you laughed as you both strolled down in the park eating ice cream. You took her to a restaurant not fancy. And then took her to an arcade. You remembered when she told she's never been in one. So yes you took her and won her some prizes. You also took to a gocart race. Hearing her laugh and smile was something you loved seeing.

You absolutely loved hanging out with Nia. She was sweet, caring, funny, badass and gorgeous. You were over the moon for the girl. You were going to ask her you had high hopes that she would accept. You opened your mouth to say it but was stopped by someone.

"Well if isn't Nia Nal." You and Nia both turned around to see a tall blonde and another girl. By the way the lady said Nia's name you knew it wasn't gonna be good.

"Rebecca."

"I see you're still faking it."

"You don't know anything."

"Well of course I do. You're a wannabe. Your here dressing up like a woman when we both know what's between your legs. You're just a man pret-Wow I'm gonna stop you right there. If you don't got nothing nice to say walk away."

"These doesn't involve you. You know he is a man pretending to be a woman. Something is wrong with her."

You stepped in front of Nia. Nia wasn't going to lie put words like that still hurt her. Especially since her own sister told her that and hasn't apologized for it. You knew this hell yes were you protective of the girl you love. You didn't take defense clases for nothing. You can take this girl on. Even if she was hella taller than you. But the bigger they the harder they fall.

You also didn't like how close she was to Nia so you pushed her away.

"Don't touch me." "Well back the fuck off and leave. We were doing just fine before your loud ass came here. If you came here cause you don't support who she is then why bother coming over here." "Cause it's not right-Don't pull that bull shit card. A lot of things aren't right, people still do them. Being who you are is not a bad thing. Being a complete bitch on the other hand." You saw her clench her jaw. Exactly what you wanted. You wanted her to throw the first punch. That way you can say it was self defense.

"Who do you think you're talk-A complete bitch. That's what I said. If you really think I was gonna just stand there and let you disrespect my girlfriend. You have another coming at you. Why don't you just walk away before you make yourself like and idiot." You felt Nia grabbing the back of your shirt. She knew how you could get. Especially when came to insults someone you cared about. It has happened before. You snapping at someone for being disrespectful to her. But you have never called her your girlfriend. She couldn't help the warm feeling in her heart. How it skipped a beat.

Like you thought she would she punched you in the face. It wasn't hard but it was enough to make your nose bleed only a little. You acted fast you returned the punch followed by more punches. This Rebecca chick landed some punches. But being the little bitch that she was. She was going for your hair. You saw that coming and grabbed her arm in a arm lock.

"I want you to know that you just assaulted a cop." You saw her eyes widen. It didn't take long for a few of your cop buddies to come and take her away. You thanked them and turned to look back at Nia as you wiped your nose from the blood that had stop.

"Nia I'm so-" you were cut off by Nia pulling you into a hug. You wrapped your arms around her waist and hugged her back just as tight. She pulled away and brought you into a kiss. She had her hands your cheeks as she kissed you.

"Thank you Y/N." "For what?" You asked as you opened your eyes. "For everything." She smiled at you and you returned the smile.

"Girlfriend?"

You felt your cheeks heat up. "Uh yea if-if you want to. Do you want to be my girlfriend, do you want me to yours. Cause if you don't then I'll understand. I ca-I would love to be your girlfriend ya goof."

"Really? I mean okay."

She let out a small laugh and took your hand in hers. "Come on let's go get some ice for those bruises."

"Okay."

***

✌🏽

✌🏽