USWNT

A/N: Being the youngest and getting hurt during a game

"Kid let's go." Alex yelled out. You scrambled to get your things together. "I'm going. I'm going." You grabbed your bag and quickly went out the room. You smiled up at Alex who chuckled and ruffled up your hair. She wrapped her arm around your shoulder lead you towards the elevator where you met Ashlyn and Ali.

"Hi guys." They chuckled at the sight of the excited teenager. You were always the one to be over excited for the games. Sometimes you played and sometimes you didn't. When you didn't play you were always one to cheer on every single woman on the team. Sometimes waving over excitedly at them from the bench. You're literally a child which was why they were so protective of you.

"Calm down Y/NN we don't need you bouncing off the walls. You didn't give her any of those energy drinks did you Alex?" Ali asked as she saw just excited you are. If you could vibrate then you would. Also when the team got to know you. They knew first few days that too much candy or any type of energy drinks for the youngest soccer play meant even more energy. You tended to get way too excited for thing mix that with candy or energy drinks well...they knew better at this point.

"What? Of course not. After what happened last time, we don't need her running into a glass door again."

"Hey! That glass door was extremely squeaky clean." The three older players let out a laugh and shook their head.

"Come on. The bus is going to leave soon."

**

You didn't see her coming, your honestly didn't.

You were starting that game, which was one of the reasons you were excited. Not that you never where excited when you didn't play. Point was that you were starting. It was during the second half. The 48th minute. You leaped up into air trying head then ball when a sharp pain shot in to your right eye. You fell hard, the fall causing all the air in your lungs to be knocked out of you.

You could hear some of your teammates arguing with the players from the Japan team.

"Y/N you okay?" You felt a hand on your chest. You looked up to see Mal looking down at you. Trying not blush you nodded as finally you were to get some air in your lungs. You looked towards your teammates were arguing and you saw Kelley red in face yelling at the opposing players. But she wasn't alone. Alex, Tobin, Julie, Megan and Crystal were there too. Alyssa was even arguing with the ref who was yet to show any cards.

"Oh shit you're bleeding. Let's wait for the-" before she could finish she was pulled away by Alyssa letting the medics look you over.

Turns out you needed stitches for the cut above your eye. So you couldn't stay on the side lines like usual.

While they took you off the rest of the woman on team were left on the field worried about you.

*

As soon as the game was over they rushed down to the lockers towards the medic room. But at the sight of you asleep they stopped from making any loud noises.

"Hey laddies. She's alright. I had to give her some medication for the pain. So she'll be out of it for a while." Alex and Kelley felt their shoulders fall in relief. They were like your moms. Ever since you joined the team, they just took you under their wing. Being the mom or parents in this case, being the parents you always wished you had.

*

Don't forget to wash y'all hands

✌🏽