Ellie & Dina (The Last of Us II)

A/N: part two of she finds you after Santa Barbara

Ellie told you that they were only a few hours away now. You were kinda of excited. Actually you were very excited. She showed you drawings of Dina, you thought was very pretty. Then she showed you drawings of cute little baby. His name is JJ. You couldn't wait to meet them. You showed her the picture of your brother. She told you that he looked like an awesome guy. And he was. The coolest guy you've ever met.

You obliviously kept the skateboard. And other childish things you have found. Like you've been collecting cars. Hot wheels.

"Hey Y/N look, found one those cars you've been collecting." She tossed it to you and ya caught it. It was weird. For Ellie. She couldn't help but feel like some weird sense of deja vu every time she said something that reminded her so much of Joel. You even gave her one of your favorites. Which happened to be a small spaceship. She knew it was your favorite but yet you still gave it to her. She took this action to heart.

You followed Ellie up a hill. She said that she'd have to make a quick stop before going to Jackson. You didn't mind but you were tired and hungry. Once the tree line broke a bit you were met by a nice looking farm house surrounded my a fence.

"Wow this place is awesome. Was this yours?"

"Yea. Just gotta check some thing." You nodded and followed her silently. When you entered the house you could feel the sadness rating off from Ellie. The house was empty. You saw the tears build up.

"I'll wait down here." You whispered to her. She nodded wordlessly as she made her way upstairs. You couldn't imagine what Ellie was feeling at the moment. Her family was gone. Her wife? Well her lover and her son were gone. You stayed right next to the front door. You barely heard the soft tones of a guitar playing. It wasn't the best sound but you assumed Ellie was playing with the hand that had two less fingers.

It didn't take her long to come back down stairs. Her eyes a bit red from crying you guessed. You didn't question just followed after her as she exited the house.

*

The farm house was only an hour away from Jackson. When the tree line broke you gasped at the sight of the town lit up. They had electricity. The town looked huge.

"Holy shit."

"Come on kid." You nodded and quickly followed behind her. When you saw the sign you stuck close to Ellie.

"Stop! Can we help you."

"Open the gate dick face. It's Ellie."

"Holy shit. Ellie? Open it. Dude it's Joel's daughter." At the sound of the gates opening you itched to reach for your bow. But Ellie knew these people. She trusted them. So you didn't.

"You look like shit. Who's the kid?" Your eyes couldn't stay on one thing. They kept on moving from one thing to another.

"She's with me. Where's-where's Maria."

"Ellie. Oh my god Ellie." You kept your distance as an older blonde woman pulled Ellie into a hug. As they shared a few words you felt a small tap on your shoulder. Which caused you flinch and your fingers to grip your knife but not take it out.

"Shit sorry kid. Didn't mean to scare ya. Just, is that skateboard? I haven't seen one of those in years."

"Uh yea. I found it." "Would love to try and see if I still got it. That's if it's okay with you?" You nodded. "Yea uh what's your name mister?" "My name is Tony." "Nice go meet you I'm Y/N." The older man smiled down at you and you returned it just a little smaller than his.