Chapter 9 - Only mine

Jungkook's Point of View

I couldn't concentrate! I kept messing the steps of the choreography...I forgot my lines. Since we arrived at the rehearsal, Taehyung was all I could think of...Us last night...this morning in the shower.

I couldn't find words to describe how I felt last night and how I feel right now. No word will ever be good enough to capture my love for him...for what we are together...There was nothing like us.

Someone might think that we were moving too fast and that it was too early to feel this way. It wasn't for us. We have known each other for more than 5 years, we have been living together, and had feelings for each other almost from the day we met.

"What got into you? Kookie get yourself together" Hoseok said interrupting my thoughts after I messed up for the third time.

"I am sorry hyung. Let's go over it once more. I will be more careful" I apologised. I immediately looked at Taehyung. I couldn't help it but stare at him. I couldn't believe that he was mine.

He was wearing my favourite black hoodie. I picked it up for him to wear this morning. Our eyes met. He was bitting his lower lip in an attempt to hide his smile. He looked proud for causing me this distraction.

I shook my head and smiled shyly at him. How am I meant to continue after that? I wonder if I had the same effect on him. Certainly, last night seemed that I did.

"Jungkookie are you ready? Please concentrate. This is our last practice for today." Hoseok shouted from across the stage, bringing me back to reality.

                                          ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The rehearsal finished smoothly. We all headed back to the changing room to rest for a while before we needed to get ready for our performance tonight.

As we were walking back I tried to walk a bit slower from the others so that me and Taehyung could have few minutes together. But I couldn't see him anywhere.

He wasn't at the front with the others or behind me. Where did he go? I jogged down the corridor to catch up with the other members.

"Have you seen Taehyung? Where did he go?" I asked.

Jin turns around and put his arm around me. "Jungkookie! What happened to you today? Are you trying to copy me?" he said while pinching my cheek playfully.

"Nothing happened huyng. I just didn't sleep very well. That's all." I replied quickly so I could get back to finding Taehyung. Jin stopped suddenly and turned me around so we were face-to-face.

"I am sorry. It's my fault." Jin said apologetically. He caught me by surprise.

"Why are you apologising to me hyung? You didn't do anything wrong."

"Taehyung had to sleep in your room because of me. If we all slept in our rooms, you wouldn't be tired today."

If he only knew the reason I was tired...and how glad I am that Jin spent the night with Namjoon.

"Please don't apologise hyung. It is not your fault." I said patting his shoulder.

"I am going to talk with Taehyung as well. What did he do and didn't let you sleep?" Jin added.

I wouldn't dare telling him what Taehyung did to me last night. I am sure he doesn't want to know either. I couldn't help it but laugh at that thought.

"Taehyung didn't do anything. He slept like a bird. Really I don't mind having Taehyung in my room" I reassured him.

Jin smiled and lowered his gaze shyly as if a thought came to his mind. Maybe he thought of Namjoon. I didn't ask.

I was curious though to see if things between him and Namjoon were OK.

"Hyung is everything OK with you and Namjoon hyung? Taehyung told me that Namjoon hyung talked to his parents about your relationship."

Jin looked surprised with my question. We don't discuss about their relationship often. If only he knew that me and Taehyung were together and possibly go through similar challenges. I didn't want to think about telling my parents.

"We are OK Jungkookie. Don't worry. We discussed things over and over again last night. To be honest in a way I am happy Namjoon talked to his parents. I am sick of hiding. But we need to talk with Bang Pd before he finds out from somewhere else" Jin finally said and we started to walk towards the changing room.

"I know we don't really talk about this kind of things, but I just wanted to let you know that I am really happy for both of you!" I said and gave him a hug.

Jin hugged me back and whispered in my ear "I am happy for you too...and if you need anything you know I will be here for you!".

What did he mean by that? I felt that he was referring to something specific. Like he knew about me and Taehyung. No, I am getting paranoid. He couldn't have known.

"Let's go and eat something" I said not knowing how to respond to his comment.

The other members were around the table eating. Taehyung was nowhere to be seen. Where did he go?

As me and Jin sat around the table to eat I asked Jimin if he knew where Tae was.

"Oh! Taehyung is at the nurse room" Jimin replied while taking another bite of his food. I immediately stood up.

"It's nothing serious Jungkook. Don't worry" Jimin said trying to calm me down.

"What happened? Why is he at the nurse room?" I asked trying to remain calm.

"There was something sharp on the stage floor, I am not sure exactly what it was. When we were practicing the last song, Tae got injured."

"Where was I?" I asked trying to understand how I missed this.

"You were talking with the stage technician I think. As I said it's not serious. He had a few cuts in his palm. That's all" Jimin added and patted my back.

"I am going to check on him anyway" I said and left the room before he got the chance to stop me. I wanted to be there for him regardless.

As I was approaching the nurse room, I could hear Taehyung's voice. His voice made me smile instantly. He was talking about his hometown.

I then hear another man talking. I stopped walking. I was few steps away from the door.

They were both talking about Daegu.

They were talking about a restaurant that had the best fried chicken and the owner apparently was really weird. They were laughing. I felt my blood boiling.

Who was he and why was he talking to Taehyung? Is he the nurse? The more they were talking the more irritated I was getting. The other guy was talking to Taehyung way too sweetly. Almost flirting with him.

I shook my head to get rid-off these thoughts. Maybe I was just being unreasonable. Why am I reacting like this? He can talk with other guys. "Calm down Jungkook" I said to myself while taking deep breaths.

"You really have beautiful hands" I heard the other man saying.

That's it! I am going in!