Chapter 61 - One gun shot away

Jungkook's Point of View

I had the urge to run after Mija. My mind was saying one thing and my body another. Taehyung told me to wait here for him. While I wanted to obey to his wish, something was telling me to follow Mija. If he really went to Mija's parents, I should be there too.

I couldn't stop thinking about the last thing she said before she left. What did she mean she needs to go before it's too late? Even if Taehyung was to speak with her parents, why was she so scared?

It didn't make sense.

I couldn't stay in the room waiting. It was killing me!

I grabbed my phone from the bed and the key to the room. I tried calling Taehyung one last time in the hope that he will answer.

Nothing.

I opened the door to leave, only to find Minho standing in front of me with his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

"Minho what's happening?" I asked immediately.

He stood up straight and seemed to be breathing a little easier.

"Taehyung sent me..." At the sound of his name I immediately bombarded him with questions.

"You saw Taehyung? Today? Where? He sent you here? Why? What did he say?"

"Hey one question at a time Jungkook. I saw him a few minutes ago. He was running down the corridor. He didn't tell me where he was going. He just told me to come here and check if you are OK and wait for him until he comes. Do you have any clue where he was going? I know he was with you last night" Minho explained.

"How do you know he was with me?" I couldn't resist asking him.

"I followed him last night. I could see he wasn't well...walking in the rain for hours and then he came here."

"I see..." I simply responded. He truly cared for Taehyung.

"So, did he say anything to you?" He repeated his question.

"He only left me a note. I was trying to call you, but you didn't pick up." I reached in my pocket and gave him Taehyung's note.

"I knew he was onto something...but what? He is looking for trouble!"

"Mija seems to think that Tae went to talk to her parents in order to stop the wedding but..."

"But what Jungkook? I saw her running also when I was coming to your room"

"She seemed weird...frightened to the thought of Tae talking to them. She said that she needed to go before it was too late. I don't know what to think. I was on my way to go after her."

The note dropped from Minho's hand. He was looking at me without saying anything. I could see he was thinking of something.

"Minho, what is it? You have the same look as Mija did. Do you know something that you are not telling me?" I asked anxiously.

"Now it makes sense. It must be her...them. We need to find them."

Why was everyone talking with riddles?

"Minho you have to tell me more than that. What do you mean?" I asked trying to understand.

"The shooter Jungkook! The threads...She had access everywhere...she could see everything, and she got what she wanted in the end...You!"

Minho's words brought back every incident...every interaction...all the messages...

Fear, anger, sadness, betrayal...