Chapter 62 - Door 362

Jungkook's point of view

Minho and I were getting closer. Only four doors down, number 366.

Door 362.

Gun shot.

I froze in place. I felt that gun shot. It wasn't for me. It didn't hit me, yet it torn my heart apart.

I was scared to take another step. I was scared of what I was going to see.

I saw him almost die once...in my own hands. Images of that day flooded my mind, like the blood that flooded the room.

The instinct of saving him took over me and I began to run again.

Another gun shot was fired.

Everything happened so quickly. I lost track and sense of time. It felt forever for my steps to reach the room. I started screaming his name in desperation.

The door was half open. Minho stepped in front of me impatiently and pushed the door open.

He immediately jumped onto Mija's father, pinned him down to the floor and kicked the gun out of his hand.

My eyes shifted to the right...to the scene I wasn't brave enough to see.

They were both on the floor, covered in blood. I began to tremble from head to toe. I felt cold...my blood was drained out of my veins.

Mija's hands around Taehyung's body.

Taehyung's hand covered in blood, caressing Mija's cheek. I kneeled next to them.

Taehyung turned his head slowly to face me. His eyes wide open with endless tears streaming down his face. He was still in shock. I've put my arms around him and sobbed. I begged for his forgiveness.

"I am sorry I didn't come earlier...I'm sorry I didn't see through all these...I'm so sorry Tae..."

"They were for me. She shouldn't have come...It's my fault. I should be the one...the bullets were for me..."

I held him tighter. I didn't know what to say. It wouldn't matter.

Mija seemed unconscious, inside Taehyung's hands, who was holding her tightly close to his body. His tears falling down to her pale skin. He was begging her to wake up...to forgive him...

She took both bullets. She must have jumped in front of Taehyung right at the last second. It must have been too late for her father to take those shots back. She saved his life for the second time, but this might have cost hers.

I took her weak hand in mine. All the anger and devastation I had earlier, vanished by just looking at her.

I saw my childhood friend...when we were just kids, innocent, before things got complicated. I saw my friend who knew everything about me, the one I could trust, the one I was running to when I needed help, when I needed comfort.

"Ju..Jungkook?...you are here..." Mija's voice broke the sound of our sobs.

"Mija? I am here...we already called for help. Stay with me OK? I responded to her call.

She raised her eyes to see Taehyung. As soon as their eyes met, Taehyung broke down.

A smile was formed on her face. She looked happy in that moment.

"I finally did something right in my life. I'm sorry Taehyung." Her voice was coming out with difficulty. She was getting weaker by the second. She was losing a lot of blood.

Taehyung was shaking his head in disagreement.

"You...didn't deserve this" Taehyung managed to say.