Chapter - The first fall

Taehyung's Point of View

He left but I still felt his presence. His words were still echoing in the room.

It really ended...but somehow it didn't feel like it. I don't know how to explain it. It didn't make sense to me.

Maybe I was in denial. Maybe I was always in denial and that's why I kept going back to him whether he knew it or not...whether he could see me or not...

I thought that one way or another we would end up together, but I guess I was wrong.

My thoughts were racing and battling each other. I know Jungkook well...Probably better than I know myself. But at that moment I didn't know what to think or what to believe.

Could he really be in love with Mija? Did he really want to be with her? He has said a lot of truths tonight but...No! I shouldn't think of "but" or "what if". I am going to lose my mind if I do. I have lost enough of myself already. I cannot afford to continue like this.

My tears kept streaming down my cheeks. As much as I have tried to stop them, they wouldn't obey to my command. My mind had a mind of its own.

I haven't moved from my position since Jungkook left. My body was still numb. The only thing I had the strength to do was to close my eyes but that made my thoughts louder. I forced myself to keep them open.

As I was staring at the emptiness created by the darkness in my room, I saw a beam of light coming through the door as it was opening slowly.

I held my breath.

Did he come back?

Please let it be him. I kept playing it like a mantra in my mind, hoping that my wishes will come true.

I needed him more than anything...

Dark hair, a pair of worried brown eyes searching for mine. He quickly closed the door behind him and made his way over my direction. He sat on the bed next to me. He put me into his embrace.

"What happened, Taehyung?" Minho's soft voice broke the silence I have been suffering in since Jungkook left.

My wishes didn't come true at last. What was I thinking? He is not coming back. He has no reason to come back.

Minho has been my rock these past months. I don't know where I would have been without him. I wish I didn't get him this involved though. He didn't have to go through all these also.

"Hey...please talk to me. Say something, anything." Minho pleaded as he was drying my tears with his hand.

"He chose her" I managed to say. It felt strange hearing my own voice saying it.

"He told you that?" Minho asked with a surprised tone in his voice.

"He came a while ago here and he confessed that Mija is the one for him. I know this is what we have been trying to do but..." I said feeling embarrassed.

"I swear I'm going to kill that guy one day. I told him not to bother you tonight and look what he did. Didn't he understand what the doctor said? He is not that bright, but you will think that he would understand few simple things. 'Do not put him through emotional exhausting situations' the doctor said it loud and clear.

But no, his little annoying brat mouth couldn't wait. I am not going to let him get away with that. He is going to hear it from me tomorrow and if he wants to punch me again, I'm not going to hold back this time" Minho went off on a rant as he was pacing up and down the room.