Chapter 25 - Division

Taehyung's Point of View

"Jungkook you need to stop making a fool of yourself and accept the truth. We are no longer together. Nothing more, nothing less" I said bluntly.

I felt hollow. I killed every bit of myself with each word that came out of my mouth. I knew that things will never be the same after this.

Jungkook wiped his tears away. His gaze changed. I couldn't quite figure out how he was feeling.

I suddenly felt his hand across my cheek. And this time it wasn't a gentle touch...he slapped me!

"I don't know you anymore...and I don't want to know you! I promise you I won't bother you ever again! You chose this Taehyung...there is no going back now" Jungkook stated with confidence in his voice.

I just stood there...my head was still turned from Jungkook's slap. I couldn't make eye contact with him. I just wanted this to be over...

Jungkook opened the door and stepped outside. He stopped. He was looking straight ahead. It was like he saw a ghost.

I then heard two words come out of his mouth that paralysed me.

"Mum? Dad?"

I collapsed on the floor, not being able to hold myself up any longer. I sat there, drowning in my tears.

I could no longer see Jungkook standing in front of the door. He must have taken a step or two. Not long after, I heard two concerning voices.

"Jungkook!!! What's wrong?"

"Jungkookie why are crying? What happen?"

His parents said, and for the first time I was glad they were here. They could take care of him...

I was secretly hoping that now that they have seen him like this they will change their mind...they will be able to see that their son loves me...that I love him...

A shadow entered the room, distracting me from my thoughts. It wasn't a familiar shadow. I hesitated to lift my eyes from the floor.

My stomach was tied up in million knots as my eyes met his.

Jungkook's father was staring right through me. His gaze softened as I whipped my tears off my face. He entered the room and sat next to me.

"I know it wasn't easy. It is for the best...for both of you" Mr Jeon said as he took a tissue out of his pocket.

"It doesn't feel like it...I hurt him! I had to hurt him to push him away. He didn't deserve that!" I managed to say in between my sobs.

He tried to dry my eyes with his tissue. I flinched backwards to avoid him. I was angry at him...at them. I was angry at myself!

"Just give yourselves some time and things will go back the way they were. Just have some trust in us Taehyung. I just want you to know that we appreciate what you have done for our family. Thank you!" Mr Jeon continued.

He has the audacity to come here to comfort me and thank me? For what? For destroying my relationship with Jungkook? For losing my best friends? For breaking his son's heart?

My blood was boiling. I shoot up from the floor. I looked down on him.

"Do not thank me! The least you can do is apologise to your son!" I said letting my unfiltered thoughts slip out.

As I walked out of the closet, I quickly glanced over my right shoulder.

Jungkook was in his mother's embrace, as they were both sitting on the floor. My eyes met hers. Her frustration mirrored mine.