Chapter 64 - The Secret Beach

Taehyung's Point of View

Thursday the 15th. I arrived at the Daegu central hospital. My family was already there with my little sister. She was having a routine procedure, but I wanted to be with her. I knew she was scared. As her big brother I owed her that. I've missed so many milestones, seeing her growing up...be the one taking care of her...protecting her...I wish I could...

Even today I could only stay with her until she comes out of surgery and head straight back to Seoul. They will be waiting for me to catch the flight to our unknown destination.

At least I wasn't going to fly there by myself. The company decided that it would be best for us to go with a private jet and that way the destination will be truly unknown to us till we get there.

"Taehyung! You are here! You are here!" my sister exclaimed as she saw me enter her hospital room. She immediately got out of bed and jumped on me. She hugged me so tightly, I didn't realise that this small human has so much strength.

"Wow when did you get so strong EonJin! You are going to break me if you squeeze me more" I teased her. I haven't seen her in six months. Every moment was precious.

"I'm just happy to see you oppa! I thought you wouldn't make it. I missed you!" EonJin said as she finally let go of me. Her boxy smile mirroring mine. I hated that I could stay only a few hours.

"I knew you needed oppa today, so I am here. I will have to go a little after you come out of surgery though. I am sorry I can't stay longer..." I said apologetically hoping that one day she will forgive me for not being the best brother that I could have been.

"I am happy that you are here now" she said smiling broadly at me and hugged me tightly once again.

I greeted my parents and brother and spent the day together at the hospital. They updated me with everything they have been up to all these months.

My parents talking so proudly of my brother's and sister's achievements...my brother showing me videos of his basketball matches and my sister grilling me to tell her more details about me and Jungkook.

While I was happy seeing them, spending time with them...I couldn't help but feel like a distant relative...a little out of place.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, patting me lovingly. It was my father. He didn't say anything. He just looked at me and I knew exactly what his eyes were saying. I felt his comfort immediately.

I knew they will be there for me no matter what happens and that they understood the nature of my work. I hope that my hard work will be worth it in the future, where I will be able to support them and spend more time with them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was in the train, on my way back to Seoul. The time was 8:27 at night. Thankfully, everything went well with EonJin's procedure. I got to talk to her a bit after the surgery and she said she wasn't in too much pain. I was relieved.

I checked my phone for the first time today and there were no missed calls or new messages. None of them checked how I was doing? How my sister was doing?

I tried not to think too much of it. They were still acting all weird, but I decided to let it go. I asked, they reassured me that nothing was going on, so I just had to drop it. Maybe I became too sensitive...I don't know...

I've put on my headphones and blasted music in my ears as I was looking at the scenery from the window.

I didn't even realise how the time passed. It was already 10:45pm and I finally made it back to the dorms. It was quiet. Maybe they are in their rooms getting ready for the trip.