Chapter 58 - Bachelor's night

Taehyung's point of view

Another day of rehearsals. I was sitting against the wall watching him practice his solo. Since that night, things were different between us.

It was like we went back six years...to the day we first met. We were both a bit shy and reserved. We would laugh nervously around each other...sometimes avoid eye contact...

It was like we were rediscovering each other even though we knew one another way too well.

I couldn't tell if I started getting over him or whether I began to fall for him all over again.

It has only been two weeks since that night. It's too early to tell. Maybe when my heart starts beating for someone else, then I will know...

The good thing was that Jungkook looked relieved...he could breath again. I could see more of his smile. It made me happy.

A smile was formed on my face at that thought.

At that moment our eyes met through the mirror. He smiled back at me as he was practising the new dance moves.

Moments like this still hurt. Moments that I could see his heart eyes...the eyes that he only had for me.

Everything started to flood my mind again...his eyes...the kiss...the wedding...losing him once and for all...

The oxygen was sucked out of my lungs...I began to hyperventilate, shaky hands and cold seat down my back.

He couldn't see me like this! I had to get out of there!

I used everything I had in me to compose myself and walked out the practice room as if nothing was wrong. I didn't want to alert him.

I managed to get out of the room without Jungkook noticing. I immediately opened the door to the backyard of the building. I kneeled on the grass and crawled to the nearest tree. I leaned against the tree as I was still fighting for air.

I closed my eyes and focused on the bird's twitter. The breeze caressed my warm skin and shuffled my hair...the sun was shining too bright for my liking.

As I started to calm down, I felt someone sitting next to me. My heart started to race again. Please don't let it be Jungkook, I repeated in my mind a few times before opening my eyes.

"You are going to make yourself sick if you continue like this" Minho said as soon as I looked into his eyes.

I felt relieved seeing him.

"Minho, I don't need another lecture about this...It will pass." I responded trying to avoid another of the same conversations we had the past two weeks.

"Is it really Taehyung? You are just pushing yourself to be OK with this and see where it got you."

My response didn't stop him. We were going to do this again.

"I will be OK...I just need time. I think that's fair enough, don't you think?"

"In two weeks, he is getting married Taehyung...would that be enough? Your panic attacks are getting more frequent now, don't you think I have noticed? You just can't continue this way...Maybe go on a vacation or something...maybe you shouldn't go to the wedding" Minho exclaimed.

His words were not helping me. I tried not to think about his wedding...I just focused on the fan-meeting. I thought if I tried to ignore it, it would go away by itself...it would hurt less...

I only hurt myself more. I said I accepted the situation, but did I? Maybe this was just me processing it all. It wasn't easy to accept. Two weeks...a month...a year might not be enough...