Chapter 23 - Hopeful

Jungkook's Point of View

I was thirsty. My mouth felt dry. My head felt so heavy. My body sank into my bed. It was very difficult to move.

I tried to open my eyes, but the room was too bright. I quickly covered myself under the blanket.

An image of Tae popped in my head sitting on the floor, next to my bed. I shoot up from the bed. I quickly fell back.

He wasn't here. Maybe it was a dream. I wish yesterday was a dream...a bad nightmare.

I felt so empty. What am I supposed to do with myself now? How am I supposed to live without him next to me? How can he live without me?

It just can't be true! I don't understand why he is doing this...why he wanted to keep himself away from me. He was not going to get away with this so easily.

My gut tells me that there must be something else going on. What we had was too strong to just be one-sided.

I shoot up from the bed again. My head was still buzzing. I sat there for a few seconds until the dizziness settled down.

I am going to test my suspicions. Time to put my plan into action. I attempted to stand up, but it proved to be more difficult than expected.

I regrated every drop of alcohol that I consumed yesterday. I steadied myself by holding onto the wall next to me.

I found my way to the bathroom. I managed to undress myself and stepped into the shower. As the water was washing off the alcohol, flashbacks from last night were coming in and out of my mind. Taehyung's face was what I remembered the most.

I could still feel his hands holding my waist tightly, his concerned eyes... I knew that gaze very well. It was the gaze that was begging for me to like him back.

It was the gaze that looked after me and protected me. It was the gaze that told me how much he wanted me...how much he loved me...It was the gaze that showed me that he still does!

"I am not going to give up on us so easily" I said to myself. I quickly dried myself with a towel. I've put on a white t-shirt and my blue ripped jeans.

As I walked out of the bathroom to my bedroom, a familiar figure was standing by the window. "Oh, it's you! You startled me" I said to Jimin while finishing drying my hair.

"Sorry. I was knocking on your door and you were not responding. I got worried, given how you were yesterday" Jimin said apologetically.

"There is no need to apologise. You are always welcome to my room...and don't worry I am fine. I will fix this." I threw the towel on my bed and started to put my shoes on.

"You will fix this? What's there to be fixed?" Jimin asked, looking puzzled at my response.

"I don't know what got into him but what he said to me yesterday was bull-shit. I'm going to prove it" I continued. I've put on my jacket and got my phone from the bed side table.

"Jungkook don't do this" Jimin's words interrupted me as I was about to leave the room.

"Do what?" I snapped at him.

"Taehyung was very clear yesterday of where he is at...and you are clearly in denial" Jimin continued with his non-sense.

My heart sank hearing those words from Jimin. "He loves me. I know he does..." I responded, holding my tears back.

Jimin walked towards me.

"I'm not saying that he doesn't love you, but he doesn't seem to love you the way you love him Jungkook. You must let him go. You deserve better than that." Jimin continued as he placed his arm around me.