Chapter 46 - Winners and losers

Taehyung's Point of View

I was sitting on my bed, anxiously waiting for the clock to turn 1am. I was counting down the seconds, the minutes. Every now and then I would get up and walk around the room and then sit back on the bed.

I was trying to spend some time on my phone, reading a book, drawing...I couldn't concentrate on anything for more than five minutes.

I started to exhale heavily...my palms were getting sweaty and my hands shaky.

"Ah Taehyung, for how long are you going to be this annoying. I am trying to sleep" Yoongi's deep voice echoed in the room.

"Why are you so restless anyway? You have been to Jungkook's room before. Is there something going on?" Yoongi continued and sat up on the bed rubbing his eyes.

"Sorry hyung! I am just anxious for some reason. Go back to sleep. It's time for me to leave anyway" I responded quickly and forced a smile. I hated that I had to lie to him. There was no reason to worry him also. At least not for now.

"Taehyung?" Yoongi called my name as I was about to leave the room.

I turned around to face him, wondering what he was going to say next.

He stared at me. His eyes searching mine. He didn't say anything for a while.

"Can you please turn the light off?" Yoongi finally said and fell back on his pillow.

He held back of whatever he wanted to say to me that night. I felt relieved.

"Good night hyung" I said, turned the light off and closed the door gently behind me.

As soon as I stepped out, a security guard appeared next to me.

We politely greeted each other. He was following my every step. As I reached Jungkook's room, there was another security guarding the door. They both discreetly stood on the side wall, as I knocked on the door.

Jungkook opened the door almost immediately. He had a big smile on his face.

"You don't need my permission to come in Tae" Jungkook said as I was waiting outside his door.

"It has been a while since the last time" I responded and entered the room as Jungkook closed the door behind me.

I was taken back with all the preparations that Jungkook did.

Two game controllers on the bed with a big bowl of pop-corn in the middle that were serenading me with their buttery smell and a large glass with cold coke.

The bed was tidy with two big pillows on either side and big two fluffy blankets.

"So, what do you think? Are you ready for some games?" Jungkook asked as he sat down on the bed with the game controller already in his hands.

"More than ready! I missed kicking your ass" I responded and sat next to him.

Jungkook laughed out loud. He took a handful of pop-corn and put a few in his mouth.

"Aren't you a little too cocky for being the loser?" Jungkook said as he pointed on the score board on the left.

I can't believe that he kept it. He could have easily wipe it out, but he left it untouched, with everything that we have written on it. I took a few seconds to remind myself by reading it all.

It took me back to nights like this one, where we will stay up and play games and talk for hours about our past and future. I felt nostalgic of those moments.