Chapter 49 - The unexpected

Mija's Point of View

It was 6:05pm when I arrived at the BigHit building. I was going to meet the boys for dinner here before going back to the dorms.

Ambulance and police outside the building.

Before I got the chance to enter, the paramedics rushed out of the building.

Taehyung on the stretcher bed being pushed into the ambulance. His face looked pale...almost lifeless. My heart started to beat faster.

The other members followed them out of the building, including the managers. They all run into the cars parked outside the building. I was standing there not knowing what I should do.

I didn't want to stay here by myself...I just followed them and got into one of the cars with the others.

Yoongi and Minho were in the car with the manager at driver's seat.

"What happened?" I asked as soon as I sat in and closed the door.

"We don't really know Mija. All we know is that someone shot Taehyung." Yoongi responded as he was trying to keep his tears back.

A million thoughts went through my head. I didn't see Jungkook come out of the building. Where was he?

"How is Jungkook? I didn't see him coming out of the building" I asked. He must be a wreck.

"Jungkook stayed back with Jin. He was with Taehyung when he got shot." Yoongi answered again.

I lowered my head, looking at my busy hands.

I heard Minho sigh.

I looked up. He was bitting his nails...fidgeting around his seat.

The ambulance serene was echoing in the distance until we made it to the hospital.

Everyone rushed out of the car. I followed them. I was hoping that he will be OK.

We were all behind the paramedics who were running down the hospital corridors.

It sounded urgent...like his life was hanging by a thread.

"You are not allowed to enter. You may wait here please" one of the nurses said as Taehyung disappeared behind the doors.

"He will go through surgery immediately. He has lost a lot of blood. We will need someone to donate blood, for him to have a chance of surviving" the paramedic continued.

Jimin took two steps forward and grabbed the paramedic by his collar.

"A chance of surviving? You need to save him! Do you hear me? He can't...Save him..." Jimin shouted desperately at him.

"Jimin let him go. They will do their best to save him right?" Namjoon said as he pulled Jimin away and held him tightly in his embrace. He was trying to stay composed and not fall apart.

"Of course, sir. Our medical staff will do everything in their power. Do you happen to know his blood type?" the paramedic responded calmly.

"AB" Hoseok responded immediately.

"Does he have any family members here? There is a greater chance to match his blood type or if any of you have the same blood type you could give blood for him" the paramedic continued.

I buried my fingers into my palms making a fist.

The boys were looking at each other.

"His family is in Daegu. We have informed them, but it will take time for them to come to Seoul and...none of us have the same blood type" Hoseok answered with his tears streaming down his face.