Chapter 57 - Full moon

Taehyung's point of view

The guilt and shame in his eyes... An image I will never be able to erase. It was the first time that I saw him like that...like what we did or what we had was wrong...dirty even.

Why did I brought myself down here? Why do I even keep trying?

He made his decision. He showed me. It's her over me now. Whether that's what he really wants or not, it doesn't matter.

I looked across at the mirror in front of me. A sad figure...almost lifeless...a puppet doll barely standing up, going through life with someone else controlling the strings.

"Tae? What are you doing here?" Jimin's voice echoed in the empty gym.

I tried to wipe my tears quickly.

"Hey...are you crying? What happened? Jungkook? Taehyung why are you looking at me like that?"

I don't know what he meant by that...

I didn't want to talk about it. All I did the past month was talking to everyone about Jungkook.

"I'm fine. Nothing happened." I responded quickly and began to make my way out of the gym. Jimin followed me.

"Come with me...Let's go up to the roof like the old days. To count the stars and see what shapes they make. There is a full moon tonight. What do you say?" Jimin suggested without asking any further questions.

The memories of us looking up to the night sky brought a smile on my face and a sense of nostalgia. I needed a good distraction. Something to take the image of his eyes out of my mind.

"Let's go" I responded.

Jimin smiled widely. "I have a bottle of wine also" he added as he waved the bottle in the air.

I quickly grabbed the bottle from his hands.

"Whoever reaches the top first wins" I challenged him like we used to do and began to run up the stairs, with Jimin yelling behind me that I cheated.

Jimin always won our races. He was faster. The only times I won is when I will trick him and begin earlier than him.

I wish I had let him win this time around.

With adrenaline running through my body, I reached the top of the stairs. I looked back and Jimin was just a few steps behind me.

We were both giggling and trying to catch our breath before opening the door to the rooftop.

I placed my hand on the door knob and twist it to open the door.

I saw no stars nor the full moon.

I saw the love of my life kissing someone else. His soon to be wife.

It wasn't a peck on the lips...it was a proper kiss!

Have they kissed before? Have they done more than that? Just a few minutes we were about to...and he was here doing...this...

My heart dropped...and so did the bottle of wine...

The shuttered glass made both Jungkook and Mija jump, breaking their kiss.

Guild and shame filled Jungkook's eyes again as he laid his eyes on me. He wiped his lips with his hand. Tears streamed down his face as he run passed me, sprinting down the stairs.

Jimin placed his hand around me telling me to go downstairs.

Mija picked the box that Jungkook dropped and made her way down the stairs. She kept her gaze low. She didn't say anything.