Chapter 41 - Threats

Jungkook's Point of View

"Taehyung?" I hear someone whisper. I shot my eyes open. For a moment I got scared that I will be trapped again.

I looked on my left and I see Minho trying to wake up Taehyung. He seemed in deep sleep.

"Minho? Is everything OK? Did you see the hooded man again? I whispered back trying not to wake Taehyung up.

"Everything is OK Jungkook. Sorry for waking you up. My shift will end in an hour or so, which is also the time when visiting hours start. Your parents and Mija are already here waiting and I just thought it will be better if they didn't see him here" Minho explained.

"My parents huh? OK! Thank you. I will wake him up" I responded. I couldn't wait to see them.

"Can you tell him I will wait for him at spot C. He knows what that means" Minho added.

"Spot C?" What you communicate in code now?" I asked.

"Just tell him Jungkook" Minho said as he stared walking away.

"Hey Minho?" I said trying to stop him before taking a step out of the room. He turned and looked at me waiting for me to continue.

"Do you happen to where my clothes and phone might be?" I needed to check my phone.

"Umm...They should be somewhere here. Maybe in one of these draws here. Let me check." Minho opened the first draw. I could hear him moving things around.

"I'm assuming is your phone that you are after" he said waving my phone in the air.

"There you go" Minho placed the phone in my hand. It was like I was holding a ticking bomb.

"Thank you!" I responded without being able to take my eyes of the phone.

"Don't forget to tell Taehyung" Minho reminded me before walking out. I simply nodded in response.

I stared at my phone screen for a few minutes. A green light was flickering in the left corner indicating I had new messages. I couldn't bring myself to press the button to light up the screen and check my messages.

Not now. Not when Taehyung is next to me. I can't let my panic show.

I opened the draw of the bedside table next to me and placed the phone away. I needed to wake him up first.

He was sleeping so soundly. He must have been tired. The doctor said he needed to rest, and I ended up putting him through all these. He probably didn't sleep since that night.

His right cheek pressed lightly against the pillow. His messy grey locks covering his eyes.

I turned my body, so we will be face to face. I was trying to memorise every part and detail of his face. I might not get another chance of seeing him so close again.

The thought of this being our last time together brought tears in my eyes.

My tears blurred my vision. I could see his eyes were about to open. I tried to wipe my tears quickly off my face.

"Jungkook? You are crying? What happened? Should I get the doctor?" His sleepy growling voice echoed in the room. He lifted himself up, supporting his body up with his hand on the bed.

His other hand caressing my cheek as he looked deep into my eyes.

Our eyes locked for a while, communicating what neither of us could say out loud.

I grabbed each side of his collar and pulled him onto my body. His eyes shifted on my lips, with his lips slightly parted to allow his heavy breaths to escape.