Chapter 19 - Lies, Truths and Secrets

(Fun fact:  The picture above is from the beach Dadaepo in Busan)                                    

                                             Taehyung's Point of View

He was sitting next to me waiting for answers. His eyes were glued on mine, waiting patiently for me to make a start.

I could see that he was dying inside to know where I have been for the past 2 hours. How can I tell him that I've spent an hour with his parents and my parents trying to convince me to leave him and the other hour in the rest room crying and trying to make up my mind of what I should do?

I thought I have made my decision but looking at him, I don't know if I can do it. I took a deep breath and I began to spill out the perfect lie I have moulded for him.

"First I want to apologise for not letting you know that I would be gone for so long. Sejin-nim wouldn't let me."

"Sejin? He knew about this?" Jungkook asked looking surprised that Sejin was involved.

"I found him outside my room. He told me that I needed to follow him because there was someone who wanted to see me" I continued.

"Someone came to see you? Here? This is getting more interesting than I thought." Jungkook said faking a smile in an attempt to hide his concern.

"That was my reaction as well. He then went to explain that the CEO of the Korean actor's recruitment company was here to see me. Apparently, it is a habit of his to pay unexpected visits to the idols he is interested in working with."

Jungkook looked down at his fidgeting fingers for a few seconds before looking at me.

"Oh...they want you for another acting job? That's amazing news!" I could see that he wasn't thrilled with the idea but his happiness for me was genuine. Unlike me who I was lying straight to his face.

"Nothing is final yet. It was just an initial meeting. We will see if anything comes out of it." I continued unable to make eye contact with him. I felt his hand around my neck and his fingers softly exploring my hair.

"You...you seem different...did something else happen?" Jungkook asked hesitantly like he was scared to find the answer to his question. He moved towards me closing the gap between us.

I wanted to hug him, to tell him everything that has happened and take him away from here. Just the two of us, somewhere where we can just be! Somewhere that we don't have to explain or answer questions about our love.

"Nothing else happened. I was just not expecting this...It just gave me a few things to think about I guess" I answered trying to reassure him.

Jungkook stood up and looked at me with the biggest smile on his face. He extended his hand towards me. I placed my hand in his. He pulled me up and close to him...there were only few centimetres separating us.

"I have a surprise for you" Jungkook whispered against my lips.

"A surprise? What is it?" I said not being able to hide my excitement.

"Well, I wanted to organise a little something for our anniversary. Remember what I promised to you when I got my driving licence?" Jungkook said.

"That we will drive together to the beach. We are going to the beach now? There's still sunlight outside, it would be easy for people to recognise us" I expressed my concern as we will almost never go out at this time, when most people are out enjoying their day.

"Don't worry about that. When we get there, it will be getting dark. Just in time to see the sunset."

Jungkook couldn't stop smiling, looking satisfied with his plan. He made me curious as to where he was planning to drive us to.