Chapter 55 - A kiss goodnight

Jungkook's Point of View

The room started to suffocate me. The more I was thinking about it the more I wanted to run away...to disappear. That way I wouldn't have to go through this. But where will that leave everyone else? It doesn't guarantee their safety just because I will be gone.

I stormed out of the room trying to catch my breath.

I walked towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. As the kitchen came into view I stopped immediately.

Taehyung was there...

I hesitated. Should I face him now? Should I just turn around and go back to my little slice of hell?

He stood up from the stool he was sitting on...Bottles of soju on the kitchen counter. He was wobbling, couldn't even walk straight. Did he drink all that by himself?

He was about to take another step but lost his balance. He tried to use his right hand to support himself, but his hand failed him.

He fell on the floor.

Without any second thoughts I rushed over to him. He was on his knees with his head down, looking defeated.

I kneeled in front of him.

He lifted his gaze until our eyes met. His eyes red, with tears streaming down his face. It looked that he has been crying for a while now. I hated seeing him like this.

He raised his left hand to caress my cheek, as if he was checking if I was real or part of his imagination.

"Your hand...you can't move it can you?...this is all my fault" My voice was getting smaller as I was coming to the realisation of what I've put him through. The consequences of my actions...

I took his hand, rubbing it firmly to help with the numbness...To feel me again...

"It's not your goddamn fault!!! Is this why you are marrying...her?" Taehyung shouted as he took his right hand out of my reach using his left one.

"Don't shout! The others are asleep..." I said trying to calm him down. He was drunk. I placed my hands around his face, caressing his soft skin and wiping his burning tears.

"Why are you so brave all of a sudden? Talking to me...touching me...isn't that against the rules? What are they going to do? Shoot me again? Kill me this time around? Do you think I'm alive now?" he burst into laughter and sobs at the same time.

I wanted the ground to open and swallow me whole. What was I supposed to do? What options did I had? I almost lost him! How could I ever risk his safety again? His life!

Whoever is behind this won't hesitate to do something again, they told me so. They have shown me what they are capable of. Why can't he see that? Will he be able to see it in time? Will he forever hate me for what I did?

I didn't know how to respond to his pain. The pain I caused him.

"Tae in time, you will see..."

"Save it Jungkook! I don't want to hear any of it." Taehyung cut off the generic response I was about to give him.

"Just go back to your fiancée...She is probably waiting for you..." He continued as he lowered his head.

I never thought I will hear these words come out his mouth. My fiancé...

I sat there...still...I couldn't move...I didn't want to move...

I would rather sit here with him...suffer with him than go back to my room with Mija. He might think that I chose her over him...I will always choose him...I still chose him...he was my only option...