Chapter 32 - Too late

Taehyung's Point of View

I was in and out of sleep. Whatever the doctor gave me wasn't really doing anything. I felt my head and body heavy...and my heart even heavier.

The image of him on the floor with her was replaying like a broken record in my mind. It was driving me crazy. It just didn't make any sense.

The way he kissed me...the way he touched me...Uh I don't understand! He said he wants to talk to me. Maybe what I saw it wasn't what I thought? Or maybe he just wants to tell me his decision...I don't want to hear it!

Taehyung, stop! I said to myself and pulled the bed cover over my head. I tried hamming and think of my grandparent's house to stop my thoughts and fall back to sleep.

It was working for a while. My eyes were getting heavy. A buzz from my phone brought me back to reality. I quickly grubbed my phone to check who messaged me.

I was hoping it was from Jungkook.

To my disappointment it was from my brother, asking if he could use one of my games. I quickly responded with a yes and switched it off.

I lost my sleep again. I sat up on the bed and looked into darkness. I closed my eyes and tried to focus on the sounds coming from outside. Few cars passing...then silence...cars passing...silence. I liked the pattern.

A light shone on my face making me open my eyes. The door was open, and he was standing there.

"Can I come in?" Jungkook asked softly.

"Of course" I responded and naturally moved to right side of the bed making some space for him.

He sat at the corner of the bed as if he was trying to sit as far as he could from me. He was fidgeting with his fingers.

He came to tell me something that made him anxious. A million things were running through my mind, but I was only hoping for one.

Jungkook finally took his eyes off his busy hands and looked into my eyes.

"How are you feeling? The doctor said you didn't sleep...you didn't eat..." The words were struggling to get out of his mouth. He looked down at his hands again.

"I'm doing OK Jungkook. I'm just tired. The doctor is exaggerating. I cannot believe he said that" That doctor is going to hear it from me tomorrow. I told him not to worry the other members.

His eyes were on me once again.

"I am sorry"

We were both silent with our eyes exchanging apologies. I wasn't sure what he was apologising for.

"What are you sorry for?" I asked.

"For everything that happened between us during the break up. I should have accepted your decision. I took it too far and it drove you away. I never wanted you to leave the group Tae" Jungkook explained.

"I understand what drove you to do the things you did Jungkook. I know I hurt you and...I don't know if I will ever forgive myself for that" I responded truthfully. I haven't been able to tell him how I really felt and maybe this was my chance.

"I didn't expect to be rejected and isolated by my best friends...the ones I called brothers for all these years. That hurt. Not as much as seeing you in pain...but it did hurt" I continued.

"That's my fault! I shouldn't..."

"It wasn't your fault" I quickly interrupt him.

"They are all adults. They are responsible for their decisions and so are we" I continued.