Chapter 34 - All eyes on him

Taehyung's Point of View

I was impatiently waiting for Minho to come with my bags. He didn't let me go back to my room and pack my stuff.

I wanted to leave as soon as possible. The longer I was in this hotel I felt the walls crushing me down. There was a big knot in my chest making it hard for me to breathe.

I had this feeling...I felt unsettled. I felt that something bad was about to happen.

No, I shouldn't think like that. It was just me being anxious for leaving. That must be it.

I couldn't stay still. I was walking around the room exhaling heavily to release all this bad energy that I felt within me. I sat on the bed for a few seconds and got up again. Why isn't he here yet?

My heart beat was racing, even started to sweat a little. I hate this feeling. I will feel better as soon as we get to Daegu, I kept telling myself in an attempt to calm myself down.

Minho finally appears at the door with all my belongings.

I grabbed my black coat and woollen gloves that were resting on the chair next to the door. I wasted no time and got out of the hotel room.

"What took you so long?" I said.

"Sorry I had to organise our ride. My cousin will pick us up from the side entrance of the hotel. Until we get down he should be there. And wear your coat and gloves. It's freezing outside." Minho explained and closed the door behind us.

I still felt spaced out. My breathing was getting heavier. My head was clouded with unwanted thoughts. I couldn't concentrate. I could barely walk in a straight line.

"Taehyung what is it? You seem...I don't know...not yourself. Did you change your mind? We can stay. We don't have to leave."

Minho's words interrupted my catastrophising state of mind.

"No, I don't want to stay. It's just...I have this feeling that something will happen. I don't know..." I sighed.

Every word took so much out of me. I hate to admit it, but the doctor was right. I wasn't well.

Minho stopped walking. I did the same. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked straight into my eyes.

"Hey, it will be OK. You have been through a lot in just a few hours not to mention the past months. Once we get in the car you will feel a lot better." His words sounded confident. It gave me a bit of hope.

I nodded in agreement and we both began to walk again.

I tried to focus on the room numbers to distract myself.

Room 336

Room 334

Room 332

Room 3...

Fear overtook my body.

I stopped.

I couldn't take a step forward. My blood was rushing through my veins making my body feel numb almost.

I felt exposed...vulnerable. Everything around me seemed to disappear. I was standing alone in the darkness with a pair of eyes following my every move...breathing down my neck. Shivers run down on my spine. I gulped.

"Taehyung? Why did you stop? What is it?" Minho's words brought me back from the darkness.

I closed my eyes briefly. I found the courage and looked behind me.