Chapter 54 - A man of his words

The day of the announcement

                                                  Taehyung's Point of View

It has been only two days since I came back to the dorms. Things were the same around here but also very different. Well we were all acting that everything was the same, like nothing has changed where nothing was the same anymore.

Since the night of Jungkook's episode, I haven't seen him much. He was mostly in his room. He would only come out to eat or to go to the gym. I went outside his room every night in case I heard his cries again. When I asked him if he had another episode since...he said he didn't.

I was worried. I wish he could fall asleep in my arms every night...to make him feel safe.

The police were getting nowhere with the investigations. It was like it never happened. No traces. No mistakes.

When they came to the hospital to talk to me about the incident, I couldn't help it and told them my suspicions. When I told them to track Jungkook's phone, they thought I was crazy. I couldn't tell them the entire truth. I didn't want to see our relationship on the front covers of magazines and social media.

I didn't know what or how much the perpetrator knew about me and Jungkook, but he knew enough to separate us. It was a risk telling the police but if I want this to end, I need to set as many traps as I can.

The police said that, there was no suspicious contacts or movements on Jungkook's phone. He seemed to be in contact with people that he knew.

This made me more suspicious than before and less hopeful that I can get to the bottom of this. How could he erase every step, every action? And is it just the hooded man at the hospital or are they more?

These thoughts were consuming my mind...day and night. I couldn't focus on anything else.

The only thing that broke my cycle of thoughts was Jungkook's message. He sent a message to the group yesterday asking us to meet him at the living room at 1pm. He didn't say why or what was this about. No one seemed to know.

I was scared.

I had a bad feeling about this. Every time I thought about it, my body tensed up, my arm felt numb to the point I couldn't move my hand at all. I tried to push that out of my mind. I couldn't worry about that also. Jungkook was my priority.

I felt a hand on my shoulder shaking me to come out of my thoughts. I looked up and Namjoon's worried eyes met mine. He was still very overprotective. He wanted to know where I was at all times.

"Should we get going? It's almost 1pm." Namjoon said as he checked his watch once again.

I nodded, got up from my bed and followed him out the room.

With every step closer, I could feel cold sweat down my back. My arm began to get numb.

We soon arrived at the living room. With Namjoon and I arriving, all seven of us were there. Jungkook looked extremely anxious. He couldn't stand still...fidgeting with his fingers. I sat next to Jimin and Namjoon sat next to me.

Not long after, Mija arrived. She was invited also. What could this meeting be for?

Jungkook glanced quickly at me as if he was checking to see if I was OK, before he spoke up, hushing the light chatter in the room.

"Thank you all for coming. I won't keep you here for long. I wanted you all here, so I can make an important announcement."

An important announcement? My blood was pumping through my veins. A million thoughts running through my mind but none of it made sense. I placed my hands on the sofa cushion, grabbing it as hard as I could to keep myself still and composed.